The X-Factor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

THE X FACTOR

Simon Cowell returns to FOX in the award-winning international phenomenon THE X FACTOR. This new competition series, hosted by Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones, gives viewers the opportunity to help choose the next global superstar or breakout music group. THE X FACTOR judges will travel the nation searching for undiscovered talent 12 years old or over – both solo artists and vocal groups – who are willing to brave the panel for a chance to make their dreams come true. Auditions for THE X FACTOR were held this spring in Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Newark, NJ; Seattle, WA; Chicago, IL; and Dallas, TX. In a departure from other singing competition series, the first time a contestant auditions for judges Simon Cowell, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Cheryl Cole and Paula Abdul, he/she will do so in front of an audience of thousands – raising the stakes and increasing the pressure to impress not only the judges, but also a potential legion of fans. This will be the ultimate test to prove they have the vocal ability, charisma and stage presence it takes to become a global superstar or breakout music act and win a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music. Those contestants who survive the first auditions graduate to “boot camp” and will be divided into four categories. Each category will be mentored by one of the show’s judges. Not only is it a competition between the hopefuls to stake their claim for the coveted win, but it’s also a showdown among the judges as to whose acts will dominate the competition and make it to the finals. The judges may have their say in how the competition progresses, but it will be up to America to decide who ultimately has THE X FACTOR.

PRODUCTION COMPANIES: Syco Television, FremantleMedia North America

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Simon Cowell, Rob Wade, Siobhan Greene, Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Richard Holloway, Andrew Llinares

JUDGES: Simon Cowell, Antonio “L.A.” Reid, Cheryl Cole, Paula Abdul

HOSTS: Nicole Scherzinger, Steve Jones

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Now it's official. :)

FOX Press Release:

British pop superstar Cheryl Cole will join Antonio “L.A.” Reid and Simon Cowell as a judge on THE X FACTOR, the highly anticipated singing competition series debuting this fall on FOX. Cole, who has sat alongside Cowell as a judge on the U.K. version of “The X Factor” for three years, is a multi-platinum selling solo artist and a member of Girls Aloud, one of the U.K.’s most successful female vocal groups of all time. Cole will join Cowell, Reid and an additional judge (to be announced) as they travel to THE X FACTOR audition cities searching for the next global superstar or breakout music group.

“I’m thrilled for Cheryl. She is massively excited about this show, and has been fantastic to work with,” said Cowell. “She is also a complete brat! Most importantly, this girl can spot talent.

“I’m so excited to be taking part in the American version of THE X FACTOR. I absolutely love it here in the U.K., and with the talent they have out in America, I’m sure we’re going to find someone very special. I can’t wait to get started,” said Cole. “I just can’t decide whether I am more excited to find and nurture the talent or for the unbelievable amount of amusement and entertainment I will have watching Simon doing everything and anything he can to beat me. He’s tried to beat me for three years in the U.K., and hasn’t even come close. His ego must be so bruised. America is gonna love this.”

“Cheryl Cole has the whole THE X FACTOR package: She’s an incredibly talented artist and performer, as well as a style icon, and she has that special charisma that draws in fans around the world,” said Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “Cheryl’s charm and chemistry with Simon have been a key part of the overwhelming success of ‘The X Factor’ in the U.K., and we can’t wait to welcome her to the U.S. on our air.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

#%#$@#$!!!! UGH!!!!! Why hire her in the first place then? Just to get my hopes up? Her accent is understandable! Such a stupid reason to replace her. What rubbish!! I want to see Cheryl's prettyness on my tv screen. :(

• Members

Cheryl is reportedly being considered for a spot on the UK/BBC version of The Voice, which should go into production next year.

She probably won't be back on the UK X-Factor, as both she and Simon left to concentrate on the US version, and now that's fallen through for her...

Archived