2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Barbara Esensten & James Harmon Brown? Perfect. So, everyone who f'ed up GUIDING LIGHT now gets a chance (for B&E, their second) to do the same for my other all-time fave soap. (Well, except for John Conboy & Ellen Weston, but they're out there. Oh, yes. They're out there.)

Wake me when Ellen Wheeler is named EP, would you? On second thought, don't. I'd rather sleep through AMC's final days, thank you very much.

• Members

I have a question, if it's E&B who are coming back. Does the EP of a show have control over who gets hired on the writing team of their show at all, or do the HW's have all the control over that stuff? I'm just wondering that, because why on earth would JHC want Hackensten and Brown back after their dreadful stories plummeted AMC's ratings, bringing them to record lows in 07/08??

• Administrator

Yup, it's B&E! I'm dumbfounded as to how they are always getting hired. Like AMC couldn't hire/find other writers? Really? ATWT just ended...why not go out and get Leslie Nipkow or Susan Dansby? Why not bring Fred Johnson back? Or promote from within (cheaper)? But nope...let's bring back B&E! Really?

At least it's just script writing this time and they can't influence story.

The OLTL Writer OUT is Gordon Rayfield who was the odd man out when Passanante joined.

• Administrator

Sometimes it's the EP, sometimes it's the HW, sometimes it's the network, sometimes it's the agent who make suggestions. In this case, B&E could be tight with JHC/Frons I think B&E, Kreizman are Sarnoff clients - not sure on this though. Maybe they're being "rewarded" for going fi-core during the strike? Who knows.

Archived