2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Several wishes...

Y&R: Sheffer, Hamner and Rauch all fired from Y&R. Kay Alden, Jack Smith and Trent Jones return as Co-HW's under MAB (unless her royal thighighness doesn't crack and leave to 'explore other projects'). The rest of the writing staff needs some pruning, but otherwise, they're fine. David Shaugnessy returns as EP, though the curiously interesting notion of Jill Farren Phelps coming aboard as EP still intrigues me, simply because I don't think she could make Y&R any worse.

AMC: Lorraine Broderick actually becomes the HW. Failing that, Nancy Curlee.

B&B: Brad Bell quits as HW, stays on as EP and hires someone flashy as the new HW. If Kay Alden and Jack Smith don't go back to Y&R then they stay exactly where they are at B&B.

DAYS: NOTHING. No changes! *Kay Chancellor* Dear God In Heaven *Kay Chancellor* No changes!

GH: Robert Guza fired. Karen Harris becomes HW.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a second question too, Toups! ;)

Who am I kidding, of course this writer wrote for Tomlin at SuBe. LOL!

Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols, lol.

She was also instrumental in Luke & Laura's return to GH in the 90's and Maurince Benard being cast (but that didn't turn out so well in the long run, of course), I remember an interview with her and Wendy Riche in the 90's.

She would have been a great person to replace Wendy Riche as EP of GH in the early 00's. Too bad it never happened.

• Members

Angela Tessinari also expectedly didn't make the the move (her husband's job is firmly based in NY, so a move wasn't really plausible for her and her family). I hear that she'll fly out to LA to direct sporadically. Casey Childs will not continue on in any capacity.

Francesca James will also be directing episodes of AMC: LA.

I am PRETTY sure that Conal O'Brien and Steven Williford made the move and will be continuing with the show.

Heard that JHC stole a key crew member from GH - but I don't yet have the identity. Grr.

• Administrator

Ohhh..hmm....I'm going to agree with Alvin's guess of Mercer Barrows. What if it's someone like Bill Ludel, wouldn't that be shocking!

Yup!! OLTL's script writing team is getting a lot tighter - Melissa Salmons, Aida Croal and now Courtney. Not bad at all.

Any guesses on the DAYS one? :)

Archived