2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Happy New Year, everyone. Here's to hoping we have some positive changes behind the scenes. My list is as follows:

AMC:

Lorraine Broderick made full-time HW

The breakdown writing position is reinstated

Frederick Johnson back as Associate Head Writer

Jeff Beldner back as Associate Head Writer

Michelle Patrick as Script Editor

Christopher Dunn last listed as Associate Head writer...

Tracey Thomson last listed as Associate Head writer (She's a decent scriptwriter, so I'd be fine with a demotion)

Rebecca Taylor last listed as Script Writer...

Mike Cohen first listed as Script Writer...

DOOL:

Sofia Landon Grier back as Script Writer...

Y&R:

To be brief, a complete overhaul is needed. Maria and her minions have done enough damage.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yup, it's Carolyn. You're 2 for 2. LOL

Sofia. :( I love her too. Don't think she's a FOG though.

I reason I chose Ludel is because I don't think he's a "true" FOJ like Scott McKinsey (GL), Phideaux Xavier (GL), and Owen Renfore (OLTL). Maybe Ludel's very close to JHC and maybe he wants a new challenge, directing in a new studio.

• Members

I never understood what exactly the relationship was/is with Scott McKinsey and JFP. Remember - after Wendy Riche left and JFP came in, he abruptly left GH and moved back to NY and joined ATWT. Goutman fired him so he came back to LA and JHC hired him for PC, and then started directing at GH again, which I would never expect, given the history between JFP and his mother, LOL. And JFP isn't one to forget things like that. :) But he's solidly directing there under there for years, so I guess they do have a solid relationship.

I think JHC and McKinsey have a pretty strong relationship, too - she always recruited him to direct the "big" episodes of PC (like that episode that aired in OLTL's timeslot). But I have a feeling she stole one of the producers (like Barrow) or something.

• Members

Oh, I just remember Ludel's speech at the Emmy's a few years ago where he was kissing Jill's ass more than he needed to, and the camera panned to her in the audience getting up, jumping up and down, and clapping her ass off.

He's also GH's Lead Director right, so that's why he's always the one that gets announced as the person accepting for the directing team whenever GH wins?

• Members

Random: I heard that he very badly wanted to work himself up to the position of executive producer. I think he was a bit ticked when Jean Dadario Burke was sacked and they didn't promote him. Shortly after JHC came in he left his producer position and went back to full-time directing.

Archived