AMC Monday 12/28/09

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly.

Seriously, though, I think the show could get some mileage out of killing off Tad, if they wrote it properly (but they won't, b/c they're incompetent, and what else is new, Khan?). Because, to be perfectly frank, what else is there for this guy to do? Even another Dixie reunion would seem hackneyed (and another slap to this fan's face, since Tad never got a reunion w/ Hillary).

As a matter of fact, that's always been AMC's problem. Too often, characters get used so much to the point where they overstay their welcome. Then, when they do leave, it's not anything splashier than moving to that mythical Hong Kong/Seattle/"California" never-never-land, where they live in suspended animation in perpetuity, save for gratuitous appearances at funerals and in anniversary episodes (hi, Linc and Kelly!).

• Members
Not only AMC. Most soap writers fall in love with specific characters and balance goes out the window. They tell every story that could be told for the character in the space of 2 to 3 years instead of letting the character sit on the backburner or be a supporting character for a while.

• Members

Amen.

I think that's b/c, many, if not most, actors have fragile egos and cannot understand (or accept) that, sometimes, your particular character has to step back, so to speak, and let another have the spotlight for awhile. It isn't a reflection of anyone's level of talent; it's just the way soaps are supposed to run.

But, no. Nowadays, five episodes w/o a significant airtime, and the actor(s) is running to SOD, SOW and their fan club's official website and/or message board, crying b/c they're frustrated, TPTB aren't interested in writing for them anymore, and by all means, "let your voices be heard - write to the show and tell 'em you want to see more of me!"

• Members

Emphasis added. ;-)

I'm not saying I never have favorite characters and/or couples. But, good God, I don't need to see them, front-burner, all the time. IMO, that's the best and quickest way to make me not a fan of theirs anymore.

Archived