Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week December 28

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they have chemistry. The writing is just so bad for Billy that I cant see what she sees in him and why she would stick by him. They simply arent rootable but with better writing, they could have potential. First step is to stop making Billy come across as such a sleaze

• Members

Yeah, they have no intention of writing Victoria the way she should be written, ever again, and Amelia's only a small part of the reason why...

I don't understand why this show insists on forcing mismatched pairings and pairings with no chemistry on their audience...

Also, how can they cast someone as Mac that doesn't have chemistry with Kay or Billy!?!?

• Members

All I could think while watching Jack and Emily was, why wasn't this last Christmas? Oh right because this show does not do any long term planning. They knew that Mary Jane was popular before she ever did anything irredeemable and they should have used that to dial back on their hurry to ruin her.

Adam and Sharon, awww how romantic. Once again, Adam wouldn't have been completely irredeemable either if he had felt remorse when Ashely fell down the stairs, stopped the gaslighting and did everything possible to do right by her since. Now he's a total villain and that can't be fixed.

I thought the woman at the bar is connected to Daisy and Rider, probably Sugar, even though she was last on B&B with Kimberlin Brown's face. That woman looked quite a bit younger than Jill, or are we supposed to believe that Katherine's baby could be anywhere within a ten year age range? For all we know that is Mac's mother, although if they do bring on that role they really should get Cybil Sheppard.

I like the new dark hair on Melody. There is no hair style that isn't going to draw attention to her jowls. She should have ditched the Barbie Blonde 15 years ago.

• Members

I agree with everything you write. I have to say that plane crash, with Adam telling Sharon Faith was alive before they "died" was a nice surprise. It shows Adam is less of a weasel...and it shows his love for Sharon is "sincere". Of course, I'm guessing they'll both live, and Sharon will have a head-bump causing her to forget this revelation...until (of course) Billy eventually mentions seeing Adam @ the funeral home. But that won't be until the Feb or May sweeps Adam-shooting.

I liked everything about that plane sequence--the way it looked, the surprising revelation.

The rest I agree with too. I'm wondering if Tucker will HIRE belching-bar-woman to play the daughter.

Tucker does seem obvious...but Scott Hamner says in the latest SOD that none of us can guess who the daughter is...it's not who we're thinking. So who knows?

Why not? Thad/Amelia were LML pets. Why wouldn't the current regime break them up?

Archived