Best/Worst of the 2009

• Members

I was wondering if anyone was interested in listing their choices for best and worst, whatever, storyline, couple, new character, return. I wasn't sure if this was something which should be done with all the soaps in one thread, or if people would rather just start individual threads, like if they wanted to just talk about the best and worst of one soap.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not a good year for bests but hey I'll trying give it a shot with the five soaps I followed this past year(or stomach...) I don't watch ABC soaps never have really as I've never been able to get into them.

Best Couple: Rafe and Sami, Days

Worst couple: Cane and Lily, Billy and Mac Y&R; Craig and Rosanna ATWT

Best Triangle: can't think of any

Worst Triangle: Mac/Billy/Chloe Y&R

Worst Quadrangle: Nick/Sharon/Jack/Phyllis Y&R

Best Villian: Victor and Stefano, Days

Worst Villian: Deacon Y&R

Best Potential, Worst Execution: Pretty much describes all of Y&R.

Best Twist: Jill isn't Katherine's daughter Y&R

Worst Twist: P3 is alive Y&R

Best Wedding: Ridge and a horse, B&B; Billy and Vanessa GL

Worst Wedding: Cane and Lily, Y&R

Best Reunion: Reva and Josh at the lighthouse GL

Best Return: Vivian, Carly, and Justin Days

Best Death: Brad, ATWT

Worst Death: Colleen Y&R

Best Story: The baby switch, Days

Worst Story: The baby-switch, Y&R

Most Improved Show: ATWT

Most excruciating show: B&B

Worst Show: Y&R

Best show: Days

If anyone wants me to explain my choices, I'll be happy to oblige.

• Members

To put it short, I find the pairing very likable and feel they have chemistry. I've always been a Sami fan and I personally like Rafe. A lot people pan him but I just see him as the latest supercop on Days along with Roman, Bo etc. etc. I find the pair so warming and nice its refreshing to see a mature Sami with an edge fall in love with some who appreciates and cares for her. I feel there's a good amount of chemistry between Sweeney and Gering I mean he really comes alive in their scenes together. Finally I find them one of the very few rootable and romantic couples on daytime. I felt for Sami as she wondered if Rafe was ever to going return and cheered for Rafe's return to Salem leading to a happy reunion for the two. I just want to see what's in store for them next I feel the Emily/Meredith story hasn't been fully resolved yet...

• Members

DOOL

Best Couple: Stefano and Kate

Worst couple: Mia and Will

Best Triangle: none come to mind unless you cound Victor/Kate/Stefano

Worst Triangle: n/a

Best Villian: Victor

Best Twist: Sydney's kidnapper

Best Return: Vivian

Best Story: Victor vs The DiMeras

Best Scene: Victor having EJ in his clutches telling him he has to sign the papers or Stefano will die.

Best Actor: John Aniston

Best Actress: I guess AZ was good this year. I guess.

Best newcomer: Casey Deidrick (Chad)

GH

Best Couple: Luke and Tracy

Worst Couple: Sonny and Olivia

Best Triangle: Lucky/Liz/Nik

Worst Triangle: n/a

Best Villain: Franco

Best Twist: Ethan is Luke's son

Best Return: Holly

Best Story: hmmmm, uhhh, ok I guess..tie: Franco/Ethan is Luke's son

Best Scene: tie: Michael killing Claudia/Jason meets Franco/Luke and Ethan duet at karaoke

Best Actor: James Franco

Best Actress; Jane Elliot

Best Newcomer: Nathan Parsons (Ethan)

• Members

i would give best twist to Grace dies on DAYS, because at least for me, it was so unexpected. It flipped that entire baby swap story upside down and really pushed it into the next chapter and forced a lot of things to change. Plus the way they used it to start a rift between bo and hope as they brought up Zack and how Maggie actually mentioned losing a child. Nicole and Sami connecting and bonding when it came out Nicole had a miscarrage. It also led to those amazing scenes between james scott and alison sweeney when they almost beat the crap out of eachother. plus, there is still fallout.

• Members

OK, so here is mine (this is only Y&R since I don't watch other shows):

Best Couple: Kay and Murphy

Worst Couple: Cane and Lily, Adam and Sharon, Victoria and J.T., Mac and Billy, Gloria and Jeff, Jack and Emily

Best Triangle: ?

Worst Triangle: Cane/Lily/Chloe

Worst Quadrangle: Nick/Phyllis/Jack/Sharon

Best Villian: ?

Worst Villian: Adam, Victor, Patty, Clint, Deacon

Best Potential, Worst Execution: Phillip's return, Colleen's war against Victor, Patty's ending

Best Twist: Jill isn't Kay's daughter

Worst Twist: Phillip being alive

Best Wedding: Kay and Murphy

Worst Wedding: Cane and Lily

Best Reunion: Victor and Nikki, I guess

Best Return: ?

Worst Return: Phillip, Raul

Best Death: ?

Worst Death: Colleen, Brad

Best Story: Jill and Kay's DNA story

Worst Story: Phillip's return, Gloria and Jeff's schemes, the Terrori story, Adam's evil path (including ALL of his evil crap), Patty's ending, Jack and Emily dating, Colleen dying and giving her heart to Victor, Chance's return, Mac's return, Devonc cheating on Roxanne, Neil cheating on Karen

Best Performers: Jeanne Cooper, Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas Scott, Jess Walton, Stacy Haiduk

Worst Performers: Michael Muhney, Christel Khalil, Daniel Goddard, Tammin Sursok, Eva Marcille, Clementine Ford, Amelia Heinle, Yvonne Zima

• Administrator

Great write up! Like you said, it's so great to see a healthy, rootable pairing. 2009 was a great year for them, watching them grow closer, falling in love. After all the men who treated Sami badly, it's so nice to see a guy treat her well. I also agree with you that Rafe is the latest "DAYS hero", the kind of hero DAYS fans are used to starting with Roman, Bo, John, Steve, Shane in the 80's. And it makes sense for Sami to be with a man like that.

Yeah, I agree. Baby Grace dying was the best twist in 2009. It help propel and add new dimensions to the story.

Oh that was a fantastic scene.

• Members

Don't get TOO attached to Rafe. Otherwise, you'll hate the b***h who comes to town and announces she's his no-the-divorce-wasn't-valid wife. I'm just saying.

OTOH, isn't this how most baby-switch stories go? Usually, one child has to die. Right?

I mean, I loved it, don't get me wrong! But, seriously, who didn't see that moment coming?

Archived