OLTL: Discussion for the week December 21

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loving Clint ripping that tramp of a wife of his apart

Gigi and Noelle talking. She is having the same conversation she had with Viki about Rex, Sky and Stacy. Boring...does OLTL think we are dumb enough to not notice its the same scene just with a new character stuck in there

• Members

It's RC's way of "showcasing friendships." Like when he'd have the most random two characters...IDK...Blair and Shane...sit down and give each other updates about what's been going on in their lives. When it works, it works very well (Rex and Bo), but when it doesn't, it's a real head-scratcher.

So Nick seems to have a little Stacey in him.

• Members

The Rex/Bo stuff goes back years, although those scenes get on my last nerves, as they usually boil down to Bo propping the loser.

I don't have a problem buying a friendship between Gigi and Noelle, since they worked together for however long in Texas, but like most Gigi scenes, the conversation feels hollow. Like her scenes with Viki, where half the time I wonder if Viki is thinking, "What a twit."

OLTL usually does a good job with friendships though.

I do like the random friendship moments on soaps, although my favorite is Hollyoaks, where the taping schedules mean anyone who is around at the same time is suddenly going to be great pals...until the closing credits at least.

• Members

Oh, and as DeeeDee said, how great was Jerry ver Dorn today? I'm glad he's getting a chance to show his talents. A part of me has always wondered if I could ever see him beyond Ross Marler but he's doing a great job with very un-Ross material.

• Members

Yeah, Rex and Bo work because they really do have that friendship. It makes perfect sense that they would confide in each other, especially considering the whole "You should be my real dad" thing going on there. In the same regard, Nora/Cole would work, as would Markko/Viki. I like the older/younger friendship combos when they work.

See, I'm not too sure of that. Irna usually had small, tight casts of characters, so on something like ATWT, when she'd have characters basically recapping the events of the previous few weeks, they'd at least be characters who would be interested in/concerned with said events.

Nooooo lol I was totally over-exaggerating.

Archived