Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

'OLTL' December Casting Notes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Soap Opera Network

Soap Opera Network

Veteran

• Reporter
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePhoto: ABC

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — The latest "One Life to Live" comings and goings for December.

Following SON's earlier report on Snoop Dogg's upcoming return to Llanview, the soap has released a press release with more information. The rapper taped his scenes on Thursday, December 10th and are set to air on Wednesday, February 24th. Also returning will be his special remixed theme song, which features the words "all that I have is 'One Life to Live.'"

"Snoop Dogg's desire to return to 'One Life to Live' is a tremendous show of support for our show," comments executive producer Frank Valentini. "His unique contributions to the entertainment industry are vast as a performer, innovator and businessman and we are honored to have him back to perform and act on 'OLTL.' We also welcome the opportunity to once again air his remixed theme song."

The pop icon states that "As I said when I was here last time, I've been a fan of 'One Life to Live' since I was a baby because my momma always had it on," said Snoop Dogg. "It's cool to come back and hang with Bo Buchanan and the people in Llanview and 'rock out with them.'"

Snoop Dogg appeared on "The View" on December 15th to help promote his upcoming return to "One Life." The show's music director Paul S. Glass tweets that the rapper "Taped all day and it was incredible. Great performance and amazing scenes!"

Scheduled to perform the single "I Wanna Rock" from his new hit album "Malice N Wonderland" at Llanview's Capricorn night club, Snoop Dogg will interact with Bo, Nora, and Matthew. Head Scribe Ron Carlivati teases that "his other connections to Llanview" will be revealed as well.

The rapper is the latest in a rather long line of musicians to appear on "One Life to Live" in recent years. Others include Mary J. Blige, Nelly Furtado, Timbaland with Keri Hilson and One Republic, Simply Red, and Lifehouse, among others.

In other news…

Alfred Cerullo will play a "Rotarian Party Guest" on December 30th.

"One Life to Live" has released a casting call for the role of "Hannah," and appears to also involve Cole, Starr, and Hope. The scene opens with Hannah working on a school project with "Eric." Seeing toys all over the floor she asks him if he is a babysitter. Eric responds that he is a father, which takes Hannah by surprise. Amazed, Hannah asks Eric if the mother is in the picture and, if so, is it someone she knows. Eric answers in the affirmative and goes on to say that they are married. While Hannah is still in shock, Eric says that "Serena" had a family engagement, "Hayley" is sick, and that he is has an average life. Trying to lighten the mood, Hannah jokes that having a family really kills one's social life. Eric laughs and says that he doesn't really miss the wild parties and late nights, but he does wish he could sleep past 7:00 am some morning and stay out all night once in awhile. Hannah asks him if he thinks those days are gone forever, to which he responds that they will be at least until Hayley is grown up. She goes on to say that he is the only person her age that she knows that is responsible and mature. Eric responds "Hell no," when she asks him if he ever anticipated his life turning out like it has. He also confesses that there have been times when he has pondered giving her away and what it would be like had she not been born, however he can't imagine life without his beautiful baby girl in it. Hannah apologizes for being so nosy about his personal life and tells him that he would make a good sociology project. Eric says that he has been trying to teach Hayley to blow her nose. Hannah reveals to Eric that she broke up with her high school sweetheart (whom she thought was her one true love) just before Christmas because he wanted his freedom. Eric confesses that he and Serena broke up once, and it was a nightmare. However, Hannah claims that the ending of her relationship was the best thing that could have happened to her. Remember that "OLTL" often changes names in audition scripts in an attempt to throw off viewers.

Melissa Fumero (Adriana Cramer) tells Soaps.com that her upcoming February return will consist of "about four episodes," and that "I'll mostly be working with Gina Tognoni, who's coming back as Kelly."

David Gregory returns as Ford on Tuesday, December 29th and will be a professor at the film school which Markko is currently attending.

Look for Matt Walton (Elijah Clarke) to be hanging around Llanview awhile longer. On Wednesday, January 6th, he seeks comfort from an equally heartbroken Llanview leading lady…and no, it's I'm NOT talking about Téa.

Look for more dayplayer roles in upcoming episodes, including January 2nd, 11th, and 29th, and February 2nd.

According to IMDb.com, Bruce S. Cooperman will direct the January 29th and February 2nd episodes of "OLTL."

Bree Williamson tells Soap Opera Digest that "I'm back at 'GOSSIP GIRL' tomorrow [December 11th]! It's a nice little recurring thing. I'm the hooker again [laughs]." This will be the second appearance for Williamson on "Gossip Girl" this season. She portrays a high-priced call girl Brandies.

Nicholas Rodriguez (Nick Chavez) has landed the role of Dan in the new Web series "Then We Got Help!" The actor tells SOD that "It's about four couples in couples therapy that can't afford the therapist. I'm super excited. They release an episode every week, and the buzz has been good!" To view the trailer, click here.

The "OLTL" cast and crew held a going away party for their former co-star John Brotherton (Jared Banks) on December 5th.

The music playing in Nevil's (Peter Bartlett) headphones on December 12th was a song that is an "ABC original not commercially available."

Kristen Alderson (Starr) tweeted on December 15th that "I love 'One Life to Live.' We watched our Christmas Reel today & it was so funny. Love everyone there.Thanks to all of the fans who support us."

Kassie DePaiva (Blair) reveals that she was allowed to ad-lib the line "Téa DelGotToBeAHo," and that she taped her last episode before the Christmas break on Friday, December 11th.

ABC MediaNet has uploaded 5 photos to their "One Life to Live" spoiler pictures gallery Friday from a photo shoot featuring Brett Claywell (Kyle Lewis) and Scott Evans (Oliver Fish). To view the pictures, click here.

And fans interested in seeing pics. of the "OLTL" cast and crew arriving in front of the studios for the soap's Christmas party can click here to check out Steve Bergman's photos.

"One Life to Live" airs Weekdays on ABC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Anytime on ABC.com and SOAPnet.com. Check local listings.

On the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users