Y&R: Shocking recast!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Stephen Nichols, but so far, this Tucker character is completely boring and useless. I didn't think Russ had any chemistry with Walton either, maybe Nichols will.

But whatever, none of it means anything if the writing isn't there, and for Y&R, it really isn't there these days.

This writing regime's attempt at a business storyline is hallow and laughable.

• Administrator

Woah, this is fantastic news! SN is one of my favorite soap actors ever. I hope this means Tucker will now be long term and I can't wait to see who he's connected too. SN should be fantastic with Jess! I needed something to get me excited for Y&R and this is it. :)

• Members

I think we all know who he is "related" to, this is completely predictable and boring...

I certainly didn't need them to tap into that angle. <_<

I mean, certainly it isn't any coincidence that Jill is having Paul track down Katherine's lost "daughter" right now. This daughter may just as well be a son. I'm betting on it.

• Members

I haven't read any spoilers, so this is just speculation right now. But do you think it's by any accident that Jill is actively trying to find Katherine's "lost daughter" right now as this character is being introduced?

I like SN, don't get me wrong, but if this is how they're going to tie this character in, I don't think many will be amused.

• Members

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Again, completely predictable.

I was hoping Katherine's lost spawn died, Y&R doesn't need more people in this particular age group. Does someone always have to come back from the dead, die, and be a long lost child for Katherine and Jill to get a story? It seems like every story they've gotten in recent memory has been along those lines and ties into DNA somehow...

• Members

I appreciate their picking up the loose end that is her child, but I'd much rather Tucker be Murph's long-lost son than Katherine's.

Furthermore, who says you need "superstar luster"? Can't simple good acting be enough? Don't get me wrong, SN is good (er, most of the time), but why do I feel as if they had him to replace Russ BECAUSE he's SN, and not necessarily b/c, Russ simply wasn't right for the part?

Archived