ATWT Tribute Thread

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks Toups for putting this up.

As I have said earlier,ATWT has always had a special place in my heart. I didn't choose my username at random,you know!

I was born the year before ATWT. So many great memories.

I have so many memories I need to get my thoughts together.

It is like a death in the family!

A dark day indeed!

• Members

I watched this episode this morning. I'd never seen it all before, just the clips of Penny, Don, and Bob talking, and the part where Nancy and Chris talk about having "50 more." Such a beautiful episode. Even those it's dripping in corniness, it was just well-done.

Here's the beginning of a 1978 episode, later featuring a then-newly cast Colleen Zenk as Barbara Ryan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRHBGK-T2k

• Members

That 1978 episode is a real treat to watch. That disco set!

I really like the anniversary episode. I miss the days when soaps were happy to be corny and not try to be "hip", like a lot of the flat anniversary episodes from the 90s (I still cringe when I think of the 1996 episode having "classic" clips of Connor and Mark having sex in the treehouse). Don McLaughlin (Chris) was near tears for a lot of the episode, because of what had been done for the anniversary, and for the Hughes family. Considering that he and Helen Wagner had basically been run off the show 5 years earlier, I can see why he was so moved.

The part where they sing "Always", and we see the clips of so many favorites through the years, and also clips of Grandpa Hughes, Judge Lowell, etc. is what always makes me tear up.

The episode leading up to that, where Don and Penny return, is also very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-HYnKZjRU

Edited by CarlD2