GH: December Discussion Thread

• Members

So, in today's episode, was Liz saying all the men in her life, until Nikolas, were lousy lays?

After all the time she spent pining for Jason, and treasuring the brief time they did have together, the new history of her dismissing him as bad in the sack is kind of hilarious. Then again, they did always seem to enjoy the pining more than actually being together.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love GH. I have been watching it for my entire life, pretty much.

I really don't know what is wrong now. I just don't like Sonny. I honestly would not mind the mob at all, if it weren't for him. I think he is a great actor, and when I see him interviewed, he seems like a nice guy...But something about sonny irks me.

I honestly didn't mind all the mob storylines until recently, and the same goes for the character of Sonny as well.

I think the karaoke night is always fun, and this week, I thought it was a brilliant reminder of the true talent at GH. Nancy Lee Grahn, Carolyn Hennesy,Anthony Geary..I am kind of disappointed that GH is focusing so much on Sonny. I wish they had a little more of a "revolver" with the characters that they use, because I think Sonny is painfully overused...Especially lately.

And was I the only one who was slightly disapponted when Franco came on and was yet another Mob person? I was hoping he wouldn't be involved with the mob...I was wrong.

• Members

The mob has been the primary focus on GH for the last so many years but I think it's actally gotten worse in the past 2 as they've involved mainstream non mob characters with mob characters and in mob storylines. Maxie involved with Spinelli who is a Jason lackie and now Lulu involved with Dante, Sonny's kid.

• Members

LOL! I had the same thought. Guza could not have meant to make Jason a bad lover, but that was the end of result of Liz's pity party. Could Sam, Courtney, and Robin been faking with Jason also? Liz must be a good faker to convince all those men they were good in bed. Newsflash for Liz. Not enjoying sex is not an acceptable excuse for cheating.

• Members

Liz was a virgin when she was raped. However, since then she has been in multiple sexual relationships where she was pursued and she pursued the men. Now she claims that she had been sexually closed off all this time which is unbelievable and pure plot contrivance. However, if only the Puffy Prince has awaken her sexually, then it sure sounds like Guza's lover boy, Jason wasn't getting job done which is hysterical.

• Members

I'd like to see:

Sam: Is it true? You never...until now?

Liz: Yes, it's true.

Sam: I wasted so much time hating you, and for nothing! I went nuts because I kept thinking Jason had never given me one because he was saving that for you!

Liz: No, he never did. Really.

Sam: Not even close?

Liz: No.

Sam: So it's not me. I always think everything is my fault.

Liz: Because you're a woman and you live in Port Charles. You should try Nikolas.

Sam: Eww! He's my cousin!

Liz: I thought that didn't matter to the Cassadines.

Sam: It doesn't, but...there must be somebody else. How about that guy over there? The hot guy who is well-adjusted and always takes responsibility and has a respectable job?

Liz: You'd better hurry. Sonny's having him killed within the next...

(BANG BANG BANG)

Sam: Damn.

• Members

Epiphany is on contract, I think. She is a horrific stereotype of a large black woman. She is insulting, rude and obnoxious. For some reason, she has aimed a lot of her vitriol at Robin. I can't believe that Robin considers her a friend and invited her to her wedding.

• Members

My view of Epiphany totally changed when I watched Night Shift 2. She was great on that show and Sonya Eddy seemed so much more relaxed and happy. The relationship Epi had with Robin and Patrick was very jokey and familial.

CRAZY what good writing can do to a character!

Olivia is severely testing my love for her with all this "Ah still have feelings for Sonny" talk. The [!@#$%^&*]? Are you for real? You just had that slice of youthful hotness lift you up and wrap your legs around his waist. Are you seriously telling me that Sonny's dimpled UNF UNF face turns you on more?

And don't you think the fact that Liv is humping one mobster and swooning for another renders her whole "I didn't tell Sonny he had a kid because he was in the mob; I didn't tell Dante about his father because his father is in the mob" argument completely null and void? Now she's balls deep in the mob, literally. She might as well throw caution to the wind and spill.

Great seeing Kate. Awful hearing her prop up Olivia & Sonny's Greatest Love.

• Members

Robin and Patrick were also better written on Night Shift 2. I almost grew to like Patrick. I don't care though. Epiphany is becoming a bitch again and I can't stand her. It isn't like she is going any where. It is only because she is a horrible stereotype that she has survived TPTB dislike for minority characters.

• Members

GH will not put an attractive young Black female eg Kent Masters King (who they kept parked on the bench then bumped down to recurring) and only got one love intrest Justis Ward (another Quartermaine that got whacked as soon as their romance gained some steam)

She never really got a story (like Matt) am a Sonya Eddy fan big time but she is that back in the day Beulahland stereotype and I find "how her character is written extremely offensive big time (like a wet nurse)"

...However, many African American women "do behave this way" we aren't the girl next door but the bitch down the street...I can deal with that I grew up with women who behaved this way and been around these kinds of matriarchs all my life no biggie..

Its GuZa's interpretation of how he writes her this way that I find offensive (Tyler Perry does the same thing but it comes off quite differently) and racist; however he wrote her on NS1 "fairly well" but as soon as she got back to GH it wasn't long before it was the same ole same old.

but I thought there was another writer with him as well on NS1?

I may be wrong whatever the case is I find the cotton club mentality of Guza racist and that's my opinion.

Robin was written horridly on NS1 (I am a Kim McC/Robin fan)....NS2 was very cute for them...

I like Patrick only because of Robin I can take or leave him..doesn't matter.

Archived