GH: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ann_SS wrote:

I think Maxie and Lucky are coming. Maybe just as an affair, maybe as a real pairing, but one way or another I expect to see them together. Part of what made them so distasteful before is that GV's Lucky looked like an adult cheating with a teenager. Now he looks like a young adult like Maxie, so hooking them up doesn't look so sleazy. Plus Maxie has changed to some degree since their last hook up.

I'm not that surprised that the story didn't change with JJ's return because I think Guza meant to break LL2 up. Maybe for good this time, but at least for a long time to come. I'm more sure than ever now that JJ is back. I just hope that Lucky doesn't abandon Cam and Jake. And while I like both versions of Lucky about 100 times more than I'll ever like Liz, I'm still irritated that the woman is going to take the fall. Again.

This is actually very similar to Maxie hooking up with Franco. No way was Spinelli going to do anything wrong. He's a fav so he is an innocent victim. And again, I like him, but it grats on me that the woman is put in the role of "faithless whore" who doesn't know what is good for her yet again. Even as a Liz hater those scenes of Lucky throwing money at her made me :rolleyes:

All these shows are getting new writers, but Guza remains...

• Members

See Liz I don't care about. I've never seen the character really take a hit for any of her misdeads so I don't care about seeing her take the hit here after how badly they trashed Lucky and Sam during Jason and Liz and turned Liz into a hypocrite. Same for Nikolas. I don't see anything remotely rootable about Liz and Nikolas as a pairing either. I think the whole story is a means to breakup LL2 and to break the bond Nikolas and Lucky have formed over the past years. They seem more invested in Lucky as a character again. As for Maxie, I'm not sure Spixie is going away. But I guess we'll see. The pairing has run it's course that's for sure and KS is the new IT girl on GH so maybe she'll end up paired with JJ but I haven't seen anything remotely resembling chemistry with Maxie and this Lucky while I thought GV's Lucky and Maxie, as vile as some found them, actually did have chemistry.

I think TC is bloated and overrated and IDK how good people say he looks in person, on screen he looks like crap. And his acting has been nothing spectacular at all these past 2 years, where I thought back in the 90's and even his first couple of years back on GH he was extremely hot and his acting was much much better.

• Members

I feel the same way, I'm not that bothered about what is done to Liz after some of the past writing she has had, but I just hate seeing this vile, creepy story pushed and pushed. It's degrading and depressing, and it also completely cheapens JJ's return, because they are saying they are so insecure about how fans will react to him that they have to completely gut the characters around him.

I don't really know if Maxie/Lucky would work, as both actors seem young and juvenile. There's no real counterbalance.

• Members

Yeah I don't why the need to completely trash everyone around him. I think the Nikolas character is in a pretty precarious place to trash him like this. Aside from the Spencers, he really has no interaction with anyone else on canvas so if this relationship with Lucky goes, I assume his relationships with all the Spencers go, I'm not sure what his character is left with. Emily's gone so any connection to the hospital or even to the mob, as she was Jason's sister, is pretty non existant. They spend no time on connecting him to Sam or Alexis. AS for Liz, personally I find the character pretty used up also. With all her history, if this is the best story they could come up with for her, a cheap retread of Jason and Liz, what's her viability. Guza is pretty tapped out when it comes to storytelling for non mob characters. Crap look at Robin and Patrick.

Why the need to sell JJ's Lucky when he's who the show wanted as Lucky all along I don't get it. I don't personally find JJ that appealing and KS to me may be the it girl, but I've grown tired of her OTT valley girl routine.

• Members

I disagree. JJ may look young, but I don't think he or his character comes off juvenile at all. I think Lucky and Maxie are pretty much opposites. He's pretty much a level headed, reasonably honest person, while Maxie is still a wild child. They could probably make an interesting couple, if GH did romance.

• Members

You may be right about Maxie and Lucky. It is a couple I would like, but never thought would happen. I do hate how Guza treats women, but Sam and Lucky were done in to turn Liz and Jason into saints so I'm not crying for her. I don't much care what happens to her either way. I don't see Lucky abandoning Cameron or Jake. I think we won't be seeing much of those kids from now on.

• Members

What is it about Kristen Storms that makes her GH's It girl right now? Is this a Frons thing? I mean, Maxie has definitely grown on me under her watch (although I have FFed through a lot of the kooky stuff) but she's not male or a mobster, is she? And yet she gets to rub herself all over James Franco! :lol: Speaking of, WTF "Let's get this over with"? Does Guza really think this kind of talk turns his predominantly female audience on?

I felt sorry for Spinelli until he opened his mouth and stuttered "fair Maximista." And what kind of fool tracks down Franco on Jason's behalf (on the belief that this guy might be somehow dangerous or, at the very least, a liability) -- and then decides this would be a good way for Maxie and Franco to make contact again? :unsure:

I am one of the very few who thinks Liz and Nik have chemistry -- but even I have to say it is not a pretty sight seeing those two characters so horribly ruined. All the talk of Liz living off Jason's financial generosity really made it worse. Funny how Liz cheats on Lucky and now her character is hopelessly quagmired -- and yet Maxie cheats on Spinelli and I am fist-pumping the air and shouting "Get some!"

Re: Sam & Lucky. Honestly, I cannot see this happening again. Guza may love JJ but Jason is his toywank. Nobody tops Jason, and that's where Sam will stay, as Jason's appendage who makes him feel better about killing people (though I have to say, I have really been liking Sam a lot likely. I think it is the "Davis Girls" thing and the fact that Monaco and Kim McCullough have a great friendly dynamic, too). TBH, Sam & Lucky worked because of KeMo and Greg Vaughan's physical chemistry. Oh, man. The combined hotness.

• Members

It definitely turns Guza on. His dialogue is horrendous.

I never feel sorry for Spinelli. He has managed to score one of the two younger actress even though he is fugly and a criminal. I celebrated Maxie cheating on him with Franco.

Away from Jason, Sam is likable and fun. She was wonderful with GVLucky. They were hot together and I loved their corny Mexican adventure. Sam should be best friends with Robin bitching about Lisa, spending time with her mother and sisters, and dating a new guy like Dante. Never happen because Guza will never let her stay free of Jason.

• Members

God, this blonde bitch that supposed to be causing tension between Robin and Patrick is really annoying as hell. It could be the actress trying to remember her lines about sports, but her staged, rehearsed way of saying how good football is to American Culture and the Economy was very efficient. Don't we all know chicks who say stupid sh!t like that to get attention from dudes?

• Members

Don't ya know that Lisa is fun sports loving gal that all men want to f'k!!!!! Robin is a boring staid doctor although her parents are spys and she has had a much more adventure-filled and dangerous life than Patrick or Lisa can ever dream of having. If Patrick and Lisa partied so much, they must have gone to sh!t med schools. Robin went to the Yale and the Sorbonne. Robin is so way out of their league.

I wish I could write GH. I would send Robin, Maxie, Sam, Alexis, Kristina and Molly on an adventure to save the world from a Cassadine plot. Mac and Matt would tag along to help out now and then. But the women would save the day and be the heroes. Kristina would be cured of her stupidity by the time she got back to PC. She would drop Kiefer and press charges against him. Robin, Sam, and Maxie would find new men who appreciate and respect them. Alexis and Mac would fall in love and have a passionate affair.

• Members

KSlater, I pulled your post from the Ratings thread. You have discovered one of the many insidious problems of GH. The stories have no pay off. The aftermath of a story barely gets attention. Guza gets bored easily so he moves on.

Archived