Y&R: Kahlil drops a bomb on buzzworthy radio

• Members

I wish Rowell would come back and TPTB would play the story that is already there, with the actors in place now. Hardly any acting required.

Lily has not had to claw her way up like Drucilla. Drucilla may compromise, but she doesn't loose herself. Drucilla sees Lily as spoiled, and her interests are not in line with her mother's. Drucilla doesn't like Cain, or that Lily is still with him. Drucill loves her child deeply, but maybe can't respect the woman she has become.

Natural, organic friction and conflict that will affect the entire Winters family, especially Neil, because Kahlil's Lily is like Neil personality wise. (I am not talking talent, I am talking traits).

A ground breaking storyline in today's soap world, and common in many people's real lives. Without making either one a villain, just flawed. A mother and daughter that love each other, but can't connect, and can't seem to get past it, even if they try. They love but do not like each other. YEARS OF STORY.

Rowell would eat her alive of course, but I would love to see that.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Simple. Because who her parents were is a matter of public record. And as a celebrity, if you "claim" to be one thing, when your'e REALLY another, then it's like a big, fat grenade jsut wiating for someone like Branco or TMZ to pull the pin. She's fully aware that the black fanbase don't like being lied to. So she admitted it... but alos tries to push it down, and assert her black side in every way possible in order to compensate.

• Members

Alphanguy, you clearly know nothing about VR otherwise you'd know how ridiculous that claim is. For one, her first husband is white and her daughter Maya looks 100% white. You truly could not tell that girl has any black in her. And second, I recently found an old episode of Soap Talk promoting her return to the show in 2002. It was a GREAT interview, but Lisa Rinna tried to make it all about her black foster mothers and Rowell quickly corrected her and told her she was raised by wonderful women of different races and religon. She then told a story about her time living with a Jewish family. She's also made numerous mention of her love of ballet and her ballet mentors and thats hardly a black-centered form of dance.

And most importantly, READ HER BOOK! It's actually a very good book. She talks in depth about ALL the women who raised her. She talks about her (white) mothers family, she even arranged a family reunion for all of her mothers kids. Some of them looked mixed, some looked white. I don't think she would've written that book, appeared in numerous publications with her daughter who looks white and promoted her personal life so much if she was ashamed of her heritage. She seems very proud of all she went through and how it helped shape who she is today.

• Members

I would have told him to ask why most mixed race children that are half black claims thier black side. But knowing him he probably claim he don't want to mix with those people.

Anyway I didn't read her book but did she mention about that incident when people didn't think her white skinned looking child was hers in that book.

• Members

By her own acknowledgements is it delved into as to their (her bio-parents) racial background. Yes she's in the system, but in order to evade the matter of her "shameful" half all she has to do is claim her "blackside" only. That in itself would tell me she's ashamed not outright admitting the details of her background in quite the way she has. I think you're reaching with that, with all due respect.I'm not saying VR doesn't have issues (as everyone in the wrold and sepcially the world of hollywood does), but I never saw her assertiveness and pride in her representation in the AA community as her being ashamed of being multiracial. I see it more as her embracing a part of herself and her audience to where she can make a great, necessary, morbid impact.

• Members

I thought she sounded very self indulgent by saying that she wanted the storyline over with because she was so tired of wearing those hideous scarves and because it's so draining for her. What happened to the compassion for the real cancer patients? Perhaps she should think about someone else other than herself so that she can draw from that perspective since what she's doing now isn't working.

:lol:

• Members

Well the "YOU SUCK" was directed to Christel if LMTrema is indeed her. I thought that was made blatantly clear in the message? If she's not "Like, OMG!", then the poster has every right to defend himself or herself.

People are entitled to like who they want to like. That doesn't mean that I have to like them and it certainly means I have to censor myself to avoid sparing some Valley Girl Actress' feelings.

• Members

They always giving her these heroine stories just to spite Rowell. But when CK falls flat with each story to where they have to revert Lily back to teenage lovey dovey. You know Rowell is cracking up. & since Rowell wants to write you know she picking which actress would have pull off the cancer storyline.

Archived