Proposed Soaps Over The Years

• Members

I just saw this on IMDb. Natalie's involvement in this sudser surprises me, actually. Reminds me of all of the eighties primetime soap stunt casting of stars who had bigger careers once upon a time. Her film career is still pretty darn hot and I wonder if there are people in her ear warning her against this. It's obviously material she is drawn to. Good for her, I look forward to this.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

2/26/85 Digest, more talk of Dark Mansions. The story about Shalane Victor writing memoris is the same, but here the older woman is named Margaret Hood, not Drake. Shalane is intrigued by dashing Bryan Hood, a man in his mid-fifties, who is also interested in her. It's mentioned that Dark Mansions will star Barbara Stanwyck, and they are hoping to cast Sterling Hayden, her old co-star, as her husband.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

August 1971 Afternoon TV:

If you believe all the rumors running along Broadcast Row, there'll be a new daytime serial announced very soon. The soap, tentatively entitled "DREAMS IN THE DUST," will be produced on location in New Mexico. Kathleen Winsor, author of the long-ago best seller, Forever Amber, has been signed as story consultant for the series. The word is that the producers are seeking a big name movie star for the top part in the series. Could is possibly be Greer Garson?????????

Archived