Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yup. Selena was Miguel's mistress. Gus was Danny's nemesis. They were supposed to be revealed as half-brothers.

Instead, Selena admitted that she had known the whereabouts of Miguel, Jr., a lawyer, all along.

Remember when Maria tried to kill her by pushing her down a stairwell?

• Members

I never was overly fond of Gus or Ricky Paul Goldin. To be fair, I felt they shackled him with a lot of bad stories and I didn't really appreciate how Kriezman basically replaced Michelle and Danny with Gus and Harley as the overexposed golden couple. When Taggert/Culliton began playing with Gus' parentage, I wondered if they were going to revert him back to Miguel Santos, Jr., but I don't remember if they ever really dealt with that. Either way, I didn't really like the story as it had been previously established that he couldn't have been Selena's son. Buzz has even confronted him with the possibility after Selena left, and Gus had said it wasn't possible.

They may have been mentioned later, but Drew and Jesse were still in New York in May 2004. That's where Michelle and Danny sent Nico when he left town.

• Members

Patti was always a chunky monkey from the moment she came on the show. I just think Selena was defeated as she was tied to the mob storyline. When she first came on as Abby's cellmate she was living in the Bauers garage and hanging out with them but then she and Buzz started going out, etc. I actually don't think she was bad as Buzz's woman (Patti D looked like she could give as good as she got with Buzzard and could manhandle him right back) but thought it would be interesting if they paired her with a recast Ed..(I wonder if that was the original intent as whatshisface was playing Ed at that time.)

I think her problem was indeed that she was getting too close to her fanbase on her website. They actually had people who called themselves "Suzz," fans (I kid you not..) and would send her and her kids presents and get mad if she didn't post more often. Then Patti got on MediaDomain and told one of the posters to "bite me," when they were critcizing Reva and Josh..and Zimmers hold on the show. As if Zimmer needed anyone to defend her, but Patti got in the fray and that was the kiss of death for her.

• Members

Yes..I think I remember a scene with Selena sprawled all over that breakfast counter in the Bauer kitchen with him walking in. I think it woulda been funny uptight Ed with a former prostitute and we all know he likes em a little chubby!

Selena,"Lillian and Holly, I just want you to know if you bring your skinny assses around my man Im gonna hand em back to ya..okay?"

• Members

slick jones, I can't find the pic you mentioned. Could you post a direct link to it?

I'm pretty sure my ex bf Brian Murray played Professor Thompson, though! He was in the Tanquir storyline with Quint and Silas. I posted here earlier that they would jokingly pronounce the fictional Middle Eastern country as "Tan-Queer."