Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I am. I'm getting a little frustrated with it, to be honest. Mindy only interacts with the same 10 people or so (Bill, Lizzie, Rick, Billy, Jonathan, Holly, Phillip, Beth, rival Alex, Mel, Leah to an extent) all the time. She needs to interact with more of the canvas, including big couples like Josh/Reva, Otalia, and Danny/Michelle, and the Coopers. Cooper-haters will be happy to know there hasn't been a single Cooper family scene that I can recall, just brief mentions.

Edited by jfung79

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Love Edmund, but my favorite GL story was the Alan and Hope on the Island of Hope and still can't believe Alan died the last week.

GUIDING LIGHT-- Stranded, part 1

GUIDING LIGHT-- Stranded, part 2

GUIDING LIGHT-- Stranded, part 3

GUIDING LIGHT-- Stranded, part 4

GUIDING LIGHT-- Stranded, part 5

• Members

That relationship should have been more than it was, at least in terms of banter and comedy. The show just lost interest, other than the PSA story with Meg.

There's nothing more depressing than a once funny, quirky character who becomes serious, which is what happened to Fletcher.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Alot of the relatinships on the show at that (93-95) should have been more than what we saw on screen, including Eve and Ed IMO. Of course not one single character was ever able to replace Maureen, but the thought of Ed going from the saintly Maureen to the neurotic town outcast that was Eve, with the two of them working at Cedars as well, was material that the show simply didn't explore enough for my taste.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If you take out how bad they screwed over history... was the Maryanne Caruthers stuff that bad of a storyline? Granted, I hadn't watched anything GL pre-1991 when I saw it, so I had no idea that they were screwing up and rewriting things. I was purely entertained, and loved the whole aspect of the woman haunting Marina, Marah, and Michelle. It did get kind of wacky once Reva and Harley took over that storyline, just like they took over everything in GL's last decade. :rolleyes: