Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's so engaging! I started watching these 90/91 episodes mainly to see Sherry Stringfield's Blake, but I'm slowly branching out and watching the other characters and storylines and I'm loving almost everything! Still not into whatever is happening with Mallet and Francesca though. Is it some kind of mob storyline? I really haven't watched as they kind of bore me to death.

• Members

ABC almost hired Curlee twice, but she backed out at the last minute both times. Once was for Loving in mid/late 1994 (but she must have realized that show was a lost cause no matter who wrote it) and then GH after the Labine's left/were fired in late 1995/early 1996.

To think, we may have never gotten Guza at GH had she accepted the offer...

• Members

Thank God for these '91 episodes of GL to give me my soap fix. 

Kat/Bridget are just a sad reminder how teens are poorly written now. It also reminds me how GL failed to recapture the magic of this group down the line with younger characters. I feel like the Drew/Bill/Michelle/Jesse were the last teen group to get it right. 

Frank lurking around watching Eleni/Dylan was so adorable. As I've said in the past, Frank was great for his role as a supporting character and he did have his golden moments. I am eager to rewatch his arc with Eleni. 

While I loved Liz Kiefer's Blake, these episode highlight why many fans never took to her as Sherry Stringfield's Blake was a hard act to follow. She had the right amount of bitch and you had no choice but to root for her. 

Love Maureen but she came off so nasty to Holly. I didn't like that. 

There's just so many juicy moments in this episode that I could go on forever. This show was just so stellar from start to finish. 

• Members

Frank is so much better back then. I really LOVE his friendship with Blake. Kind of understated and not shown very often, but they always trade cute barbs and seem to care about each other. Anyone know when they sleep together in the booth at the diner? Has that already happened here?

I am also liking Bridget a lot so far. Haven't watched much of her but the way she's treating Michelle is so realistic and Michelle's little obsession with her is adorable.

Oh and every mention of Ed and Maureen trying to have a baby makes me so sad. She has so little time left (I mean a year and a half is a long time in soap land but not in life).

Edited by GH_Girl