Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching December 1995 and I have a few thoughts.
I loved the set-up at the Reardon boarding house. Sad it disappeared before the end of 97. It wouldn't have been a bad idea to bring it back when everyone was living at the Beacon hotel. Surely it wouldn't have cost that much to have a living room/kitchen set and put a few characters in that house.
Kimberly J. Brown was a lovely child actress and I really enjoyed her 2006 brief return. I really wish they had brought her back full-time. I know people were bitching she looked too young (to have been with Jeffrey no less) but it's nonsense. Marah is one character that was really missing in the last years. Outside of Lizzie, they were short on legacy kids (Marina was not popular and let's not talk about Daisy).
I loved that Hart. Much better than Grillo who was miscast I feel and not a very good actor, at least on GL. Why did they fire him? Is the actor the one who went on to bash the show for that? Killing off Hart was a dubious mistake, given Zaslow had died why kill off Roger's only son? This would have prevented that weird Sebastian thing years later. Hart could have easily been recast, although I suppose we'd have ended up with someone like RPG in the role or something. This move really hindered the Thorpe/Marler clan. Actually saying Hart was alive after all when they brought back Dinah would have been believable, but maybe we'd have gotten something really convoluted like Jeffrey is Hart.
I'm surprised Melissa Hayden never worked more after GL. It looked as though she was the type of soap actress who would make it big, maybe in a sitcom. I wonder how Nola/Ed might have worked.
Marj was on point at that time, I don't know why she felt so different after her time at AMC. Her & Nick were such an interesting mother/son relationship I'm not surprised AMC pulled a repeat. I love all the families in Springfield but the Spauldings will always have a special place in my heart.
The Marian Crane saga while Passions-like was something different. Guilty pleasure trashy storyline. Why not!

• Members

If I didn't hate everything Santos before then (and I did), I hated everything Santos after then.

The worst part was that Nancy St Alban had chemistry with both Daniel Cosgrove and Frank Dicopoulous, more than with whoever played Danny, so the Santos plague COULD HAVE faded just like San Cristobull but didn't.

GRRRRRRR.....

• Members

I had a lot of fun last Saturday watching about half of the Bauer DVD. What a marvelous experience it was watching the episodes in chronological order. I would kill to be able to see everything from 1975-1982. It wasn't until the 1987 episode that I felt there were now so many people playing vitals parts that I just did not recognize from the previous 14 years, which made it very clear that the show had moved on and was creating a whole new set. Still, there was a lot of great stuff. I can't wait to binge watch the rest this weekend.

• Members

Y'all are gonna leave my Santos clan alone! :(

I loved Danny and Tony. I do agree though I didn't like them shooting up the Bauer kitchen. That kitchen, that house was sacred ground and shouldn't've been disrespected like that. 

When it comes to NSA, I hated her as Michelle. She was too whiny for my taste and looked too old to play Michelle. I always wished they would've cast another actress in the role b/c NSA was not it. 

• Members

This was LOATHSOME. I was furious that TPTB would be so callous, clueless, and nasty.

Fortunately, their next equally brilliant stunt, to have a nun raped by a herd of goats, was rejected by the network. ((Roll eyes))

While the show started to unravel in 1983, and was pretty much unwatchable throughout the rest of the 1980s and then again from the mid-1990s until it was axed, we had from 1937 to 1982 of generally superior entertainment. That in itself is a miracle, and good reason to remember this gem fondly.

I miss my show. 

Edited by vetsoapfan