Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Uh...naaaw! In my opinon it wasn't that fun and it was stupid can cliche..not to mention by that time I had all I could tolerate of Harley being the SUPER-heroine who made even Reva look like a slouch...and we were all on GUSH overload. Also not to mention that GL did not have the budget to do it, not to mention that it wasnt a dream story, it was just stupid..and like the clone luckily never mentioned again.

I think the big problem with that episode and all of Wheeler and Kreizman's material is that Harley was a great character as a normal everywoman that people could relate to, and a little fantasy that she would have hotties like Mallet and Phillip fall in love with her. The skinnier BE got, the more they made Harley this romantic heroine...it destroyed all that and made the character suck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just of our curiosity after asking in this in a thread I did about Days but what made you start watching GL and what made you stop? 

For myself it was the intriguing Sonni/Solita caper and although I use to be ashamed to admit it but the Josh/Reva saga also suckered me in. So did Ed and Maureen, and Vanessa's hopeless relationship with Alan with a complete class act exit before coming back with Billy.  Alan and Alex were just so fascinating at that time they made great foils to the rest of Springfield. 

What made me quit in the late summer/early fall of 2008 was the fact I was tired of Peapack. The show also felt like it had no overall narrative whatsoever and felt like scenes happened spontaneously or were improved. There was a nice little story someone making a movie on Reva's life and we had Josh and Reva going down memory lane complete with 1989 flashbacks, but that was about it. I had already reduced my watching since the year before with the Coopers being constantly shoved down our throats and Dylan/Harley affair, but Peapack fatigue, Reva's post-menopause pregnancy, and that idiotic character that was what, Z, G, or V otherwise known as Grady finally did it in for me. 

Edited by soapfan770