Return To Peyton Place Discussion Thread

• Members

I had assumed that the set was based after the set of the original series (I am talking about the Peyton Mansion set.). They were very similar, with two stairways that led to oposite directions, then returned to the same direction.

Admittedly, there were fans (such as you) who did not care for a particular couple. However, Vic and Laurie (and I did mean Lamont, not Hastings) were a couple that most viewers wanted to get back together. Particularly after he remarried Kay Reynolds.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Reading a biography of 40's/50's movie star(let) Marilyn Maxwell which stated that just before her death in 1972 she was offered a recurring role on RTPP. She was 49 at the time. I wonder what the role might have been and if another actress took her place?

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Does anyone with old magazines or books know who played these characters I've read about? If they ever appeared on screen?

Ellen Bentley

Mr. & Mrs. Douglas

Greg Whelan

If anyone has any cast questions feel free to ask, I have quite a few characters & actors names for all soaps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

My mom used to watch RTPP and, of course, I got hooked. I remember Allison and the cabin fire. And Pamela Susan Shoop being introduced in Eli's store. And the affair between Mike and Connie. They kept repeating again and again the scene where Connie and Mike give in to their desires. I think it was shot from outside a house window, looking in on the couple as Connie's slip fell to the floor.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Seeing just the looks of both Kathy glass and Pamela Shoop...i habe a feeling the character of Allison changed with the recast.

Kathy had a tortured, haunted look in her eyes..whike Pamela Shook didn't (plus, seeing her in Halloween 2..where she played a character that was anything but fragile)

• Members

I recall the episode where Pamela assumed the role of Allison. Her first appearance was in Eli's store as I recollect. Beyond that, I don't recall her Allison being as prominent as Kathy had been during her stint. I was only 10 at the time but remember being very disappointed that Kathy had left the show.