Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think someone said that they got a response from the production company about it. I'm not sure. 

I have heard DVD sales are pretty low these days (which is why you get fewer extra features and why so many shows only had a few seasons out), so I don't know if they'd see it as worth the cost of cleaning up and digitizing, but I wish they'd try. I do think they'd make a bit of money even from streaming.

• Members

Actually, that is true: DVD sales are slipping across the board, but I would say that is because most of the material offered on disc can be found so easily on-line. 

For material, like vintage soaps, which is literally available nowhere else, I think buyers would step up and pay for it, either on DVD or via streaming.

• Members

I know. I have looked for many years for good copies of FAMILY and ST. ELSEWHERE (other than what has been officially released on DVD), to no avail. They are not the sort of shows that rabid collectors record, keep, and share, and the studios have abandoned their DVD releases, so I'm out of luck. These excellent shows are not available on line or DVD, and I would buy both of them in a heartbeat. I'd also pay for AW from 1964-75, Y&R from 1973 to 79, and so many other soaps.

• Members

I bought the first season of St. Elsewhere and hoped for more, and then it didn't happen. I know it was sales, but still. 

Not to go off topic, but you were a big fan of early DAYS, right? And GH? Floy Dean (Laura Horton #1) and Paul Carr (Bill Horton #1/Peter Taylor #1) pop up in the Morning Star episode I put in that show's thread. I thought you might want to know.

• Members

The first season of ST. E was not remastered well, either, as I recall, and they edited the music, which was annoying. Still, I'd buy the rest if it ever became available.

Yes, I was a big fan of early DAYS and GH, and will check out that MS ep. Thanks for the heads up.