Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

Even back then Frons was an awful decision maker. Capitol was an awful soap. SFT was so much better.

1981-1982

1. General Hospital 11.2

2. All My Children 9.4

3. One Life To Live 9.3

4. Guiding Light 8.0

5. The Young And The Restless 7.4

5. As The World Turns 7.4

7. Ryan's Hope 6.9

8. Search for Tomorrow (CBS) 6.8

9. Capitol 5.8

10. Days Of Our Lives 5.5

11. The Edge Of Night 5.0

12. Another World 4.7

13. Texas 3.6

14. Search for Tomorrow (NBC) 3.4

15. The Doctors 3.3

Capitol was on all of what…5 years where SFT would have lasted longer on CBS.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

NBC did NOT cancel Search for Tomorrow.   In fact, they wanted it to continue for a few more months until they had a suitable replacement show for the daytime schedule.    It was Procter and Gamble which decided that they did not want to begin 1987 in the red.   They felt the cancellation would solve that problem, and it was they they refused NBC's request to continue the show until NBC was satisfied with the show to replace it.

I tried to delete the above post, but I was unable to do so.   I apologize.   I thought you were talking about the NBC cancellation.

Edited by danfling

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I remember reading - back in the day - because SFT was not on in STL, where I lived at the time - that CBS decided they wanted to do something 'new' rather than give SFT, yet another facelift. The hype was that Capitol was going to be the "Dallas" of daytime - getting the primetime launch and opening credits that tried to minimic Dallas. I remember watching it and thinking this show is definitely NOT all that. It had it's moments, but knowing what I know now, CBS gave up a solid show that was pretty compatible with ATWT/GL. (Similar to the way they botch TEON, which was #2 until the timeslot change and then sent to ABC. CBS got nervous when ABC overtook it and lost sight of the fact that their solid line-up was its biggest asset, even though it was 'older.' 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm reuploading these again, slowly, if anyone wants to see them (if you see other copies they took those from when I used to have them on my old Steph Stokes channel - sadly the channel I got them from is long gone). This one is my favorite of all of them, probably - Liza and Sherry just break my heart.

Edited by DRW50