Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just asking because my mom was a huge fan of SF during this time (she was in her late teens/early 20's.. the target demo) and totally remembers Morgan Fairchild, Michael Nouri, and Meg Bennett. When I was growing up, whenever any of those three were on a show, she instantly recognized them and recalled their stories back in the 70's.

I did ask her recently why she stopped watching SFT and all she said was that the show became boring and lost focus. Though she did remember Jane Krawkowski/Lisa Peluso/Cynthia Gibb/Michael Corbett as well but wasn't as big a watcher at that time.

• Members

See, as much as I love KNOTS LANDING as a whole, for me, KL doesn't truly come alive until S4, w/ the introduction of Ciji Dunne (Lisa Hartman) and Chip Roberts (Michael Sabatino). That's really when they figured out how to balance the character-driven drama that creator David Jacobs wanted with the sort of soapy plotlines which CBS craved.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled thread. ;-)

• Members

I hope I have a nice treat for the Search for Tomorrow fans. I saw a 12-page article on the show's history up to 1965. There was a second part of the article, but unfortunately, I don't have it. I also have a resembling 17-page article about Another World and a 13-page article on Love of Life. Both are from the early 1970s. I guess I'll scan and upload those too somewhere in the future. Here are all the scans of SFT:

sft1a.jpg

sft2a.jpg

sft3a.jpg

sft4a.jpg

sft5a.jpg

sft6a.jpg

sft7a.jpg

sft8a.jpg

sft910.jpg

sft1112.jpg

Edited by Bojangles

• Members

WOW!!!

That is just unbelievable. I can't thank you enough for posting these priceless pages. I knew some of the stories, but not all of them, and not all of the actors either. I had no idea Lee Grant or Constance Ford were ever on the show. And those anecdotes were priceless, from the squirrel line to cover up a noise, to the touching scene of Mary Stuart and Lyn Loring singing and dancing to help fill a short episode. That type of thing just reinforces how much more entertaining live TV could be.

I also never knew about this friend of Jo's named Nathan. I wonder what happened to him after he came back from the drowning.

Were Hazel/Sue the first twins on soaps (even if Hazel was already dead)?

It seems like SFT was a very special show when they had that formula of Jo and her friends fighting against wickedness. Once they started killing off kids and having miscarriages and having so much about Jo's husband cheating over and over it sounds like the show lost some of its core identity.

• Members

Probably because I am one of the few posters here who has actually seen the work I discuss and not simply read about it in a book or magazine. I also understand that the "blame" for poor storylines doesn't always fall upon the shoulder of the producer or writer. Most situations are far more complex than the "I didn't like such and such, and so-and-so were the headwriters and producer, so they must be hacks" attitude.

• Members

That article was a real treat.

Was any explanation given as to what happened to Janet's child by Bud? It's interesting that Janet and Patti were originally roughly the same age but when Milee Taggart took over in 71,Janet now had two teen children while Patti was still in her 20's.Did the writers rewrite that Janet and Patti were friends?

• Members

Seriously, there is no need to defend yourself. I just said that very few, if any, have ever complimented Ann Marcus' work as a HW. If you're taking my comments (about this, and/or what I said in regards to Mary Stuart's alleged animosity toward Ann Williams) as a personal affront, please don't, b/c it isn't. It truly isn't. :)

• Members

True, on message boards in general, there are so few posters who have seen the actual material in regards to 70's, and many times even 80's. Fidning someone who acutally was viewer in the 60's is a rare bird indeed. I LOVED Ann Marcus' writing on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.... it was stellar. Here is a bit of Ann talking with Louise Lasser at the Paley Center, and another video of her talking about her career. I guess she's still living, she's almost 90!

http://www.shemadeit.org/meet/summary.aspx?m=84

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

From the 1/77 Daytime TV Stars, their news section:

They also have a section with Val Dufour where he talks about how it's a shame that he has to act like he's unresponsive to Morgan in their love scenes, because he's supposed to want to go back to his wife Eunice. He says Morgan's a turn-on, but a good friend, and that's more important.

• Members

Personally, I've always suspected Morgan Fairchild of being "omnisexual," willing to do whatever with whomever to get ahead. (Of course, you could say the same about many in Hollywood, couldn't you, lol?) Either way, if she's still single, I think it has less to do w/ sexual preference and more to do with the impracticality of it. Why marry, after all, when you're Morgan Fairchild, and you already have all the financial security you need?