OLTL: Rex's father theories

• Members

I was thinking about the constantly backburnered Rex's father story on OLTL...

What if Rex's father turns out to be Patrick London, AKA "Faux Bo"?

He's thought to be dead, he was a terrible guy, he was played by Robert Woods and could always be revealed as a long-lost Bo evil-twin and make Rex a Buchanan.

Does this theory work? Anyone else have any other theories? We've had SO much time to think about this.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My theory was that it was Spencer Truman which would explain why that DNA test said David was Rex's son when it really was just showing they had a connection. All I can say is they better wrap it up soon because they have dragged it out LONG enough!

• Members

I'm thinking they don't want to resolve it because it's probably akin to what Elizabeth Korte said about GH's Spinelli and his parentage -- it's a last resort. It's out there, so when it does come up, it's not a big shock -- but I think it's being kept as an emergency ploy.

• Members

Unlike Spinelli, they have mentioned it. We don't really need to know who Spinelli's parents are, I just have assumed like other characters that have come and gone across daytime that we don't need to know the parents of Spinelli, same would of been for Rex but they have that guy laying around a hospital bed.

• Members

I am pretty sure the reason the DNA test said Rex was David's father was just an absurd and bizarre joke/wink to the audience about Rex being Bo in their 1968 story. In that sense Rex is David's father in a way. The DNA test was just some goofball laugh to acknowledge it.

Last year Datalounge had a someone who popped up the week Asa and Clint died in real life, and in the discussion they popped in to describe in detail the not yet aired scene of Roxie in the hospital trying to get DNA from Rex's father. That anon source said they had the info from scripts or plots, and that the plan at the time was the father was going to be Mitch Lawrence.

• Members

They know. They've always known. They've played for time and supposedly Frons pushed the story back too. It's Mitch Laurence. It has to be Mitch. Mitch is the only man Roxy Balsom would not admit to having fucked. This also explains the Allison connection to the story, and certainly Mitch had the opportunity and access to Roxy back in the cult days.

• Members

The Rex parentage story has been going on since about 2006. They pick it up, then they drop it...then they pick it up again, then they drop it again. It's obvious that they have no idea where they are going with it. That's why they keep going around in circles with it. I wish they would drop it again permanantely. Just let him stay Roxy's dead husbands kid, and move on to something else. I'm trying to recall when I ever became interested enough in Rex to care who his father was anyway...

• Members

Maybe they all know that it's over next year and they're waiting until a little closer to the end to bring back Mitch to wrap things up. Could be also why RC & FV were finally given the greenlight to slapdash a last minute Kish story and why someone like Strasser would suddenly shut up and sign on the dotted line.

• Members

Seriously. I've lost interested. I was really into it at first, all of those mysterious scenes with Roxie in the hospital, but I refuse to get all worked up about it again. I don't like being indefinitely yo-yo'd because people behind the scenes can't get their Ishtar together.

• Members

I think that this storyline will be interwoven with the Jessica's stalker storyline. Although I have no proof one way or the other at this point, my personal guess would be Mitch Laurence. That would make sense when you think back to Allison Perkins and her 'big secret.'

Maybe they will revisit the Jessica/Natalie paternity storyline at some point as well. After all they did throw us a bone back during 10,000th episode where Dorian hinted to Viki that the man in 2003 may have not even been Victor Lord and that she may have killed him after all.

So anything's possible at this point.

Archived