OLTL: Discussion for the week July 27

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Nelson Branco interview with Farah Fath. Spoilerish."

I don't think I've read an interview with a star who was so critical of the story. Not while she was still on the show! Good for her -- this story has been a disaster from the start. And now, another stripper who's taken over the story? Ugh.

I agree that Farah is a limited actress. But she does have a real charisma that plays nicely on screen.

• Members

I took that "twice" to refer to the two sons of Asa's she married. He was happy with Viki during her marriages to both sons. They have positively referred to Viki's marriage to Ben several times. Viki and Ben themselves were a large part of the two "Heaven" shows. IMO, it's Bo inexplicably not forgiving Nora all these years they seem to denigrate the most. I personally think that's because of Bo's judgmental stance itself rather than subliminal sniping at a former EP. Given the current sad state of OLTL, what position are they in to be sniping at any former EP? They are making the Santi Summer of Suck (Tomlin?) look like the Golden Age, IMO.

• Members

Oh, I get what your saying CouchTomato, I didn't take it that way when I saw the scene but now that you explain it that way it makes sense. As for the state of the show right now, I don't think it's that bad, IMO. The only real problem I have with the show is Rex and Stacy. I like Sky and even Gigi when she is not forced to do emotional scenes. Todd/McPain/Marty have significantly dropped in screen time as have Starr and Cole. I like the storylines revolving around the Buchanan's and the Kish story and Blair and Tea can fight all day long and I'll watch. I love Marrko and Langston and I think Brody and Jessica have potential. I feel the show is a little out of focus, if you know what I mean? It just needs to be pulled together, which I'm surprised hasn't happened already. Say what you will about Carlivati's writing, the man knows how to draw all of his story's together for a domino effect. What I can say about this era in the show's history is that I'm always entertained by something. Sure, sometimes more than others, but always something will catch my interest.

• Members

Santi was Valentini/Malone.

I think OLTL is very flawed at the moment (although I've been getting into the Matthew/Bo/Nora story lately, and I like a few other stories like Cris/Layla/Fish/Kyle), but I still feel like the JFP era broke the show. She just ripped through so much history and so many characters and that was when the cloud of constant darkness settled over Llanview; it's never truly left since. I don't think they are deliberately avoiding her era, I just think by and large her era had nothing worth mentioning. They have mentioned Ben, they showed the adult version of Jessica's baby with Will Rappaport, and they brought back Tea and put her with Todd, in a way which is almost as repulsive as it was during JFP's run. I say almost because at least the show no longer pretends Tea is a long-suffering heroine who sees Todd as a saint.

• Members

No she missed the wedding because she was on a plane. That was the beginning of the Eterna story and she was on a mission to find out why she was not at her graduation but had memories of it. Ahh, the 80's.

• Members

LOL!! I was sure that I was the only one who remembered such small details like that! I was a OLTL 80's junkie! :wub: But you are right - Viki was NOT at the Asa/Renee Cord/Tina double wedding. The Eterna story was just heating up! Now, I need to go and pull those tapes out! Hee hee! :D

• Members

Ah, thank you! With all Viki's connections to the four getting married, it just didn't make sense that she would have missed that wedding... but that was back in the days when Viki got her own storyline!

Yeah, Noelle said she never had been, and Viki said she "hadn't either".

Lucky you! Tapes of when soaps were good! Can I come over and watch with you?

• Members

LOL! Seriously David, I don't know what I am going to do with all those tapes! I have around 400 tapes of oltl from the early 80's-2007 (when I got a PVR). I fear they are going to disintegrate on me, and the thought of transferring them all to a CD makes me break out in hives! :wacko:

Archived