Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

'One Life' Transforms La Boulaie Into 'Grey Gardens'

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scotty

Scotty

...because we only have 'One Life to Live'

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,636 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

'One Life' Transforms La Boulaie Into 'Grey Gardens'

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- "One Life to Live" channels a pair of deceased reclusive New York socialites for an upcoming fantasy sequence involving two lovelorn characters.

[Read More]

Discuss article below...

#2 Southofnowhere

Southofnowhere

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

I don't get it?????????????????

#3 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

"As she daydreams, she pictures the two of them in a scene straight out of the cult film "Grey Gardens..."

Exactly. It's a cult film, a documentary actually. This will be cute for the people who're into GG but a big scoop of WTF for everyone else. It'll be interesting to see the reaction.

#4 Rakesh

Rakesh

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

WTF was my reaction to this. lol

#5 Carolyn1980

Carolyn1980

Soap Expert

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

"As she daydreams, she pictures the two of them in a scene straight out of the cult film "Grey Gardens..."

Exactly. It's a cult film, a documentary actually. This will be cute for the people who're into GG but a big scoop of WTF for everyone else. It'll be interesting to see the reaction.

I think people who know nothing about "Grey Gardens" will still get the point of the scenes: that the two of them will become isolated, odd, and alone as they grow older together.

#6 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

I think people who know nothing about "Grey Gardens" will still get the point of the scenes: that the two of them will become isolated, odd, and alone as they grow older together.

Oh yeah, they'll get the spinster angle. I guess it'll depend on how much of a GG send up (or rip off) it is. Costumes, sets, background music, etc... Judging from the pics they're going for a real Grey Gardens feel. That's what I think will go over some people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks down along generational lines.

#7 Carolyn1980

Carolyn1980

Soap Expert

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

Oh yeah, they'll get the spinster angle. I guess it'll depend on how much of a GG send up (or rip off) it is. Costumes, sets, background music, etc... Judging from the pics they're going for a real Grey Gardens feel. That's what I think will go over some people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks down along generational lines.

Yeah, I can see a "WTF" if they really go <i>too</i> far with it, lol.

Should be at least......ummm..... "interesting" to see, no matter how it turns out.

#8 Southofnowhere

Southofnowhere

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

So this is based on the Drew Barrymore movie that go all the Emmy noms?

I think this will go right over most peeps heads. It sure went over mine.

#9 jams1234

jams1234

Love all things AMC-Excluding horrible evil wretched Zendall

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:45 AM

Sounds GREAT to me!! LOVE the doc and movie...AMAZING!...... wonder if Blair will wear the "best costume for the day" and if her and Dorian will have "quite a fight".....I have to think these things up, you know? ;)

#10 jams1234

jams1234

Love all things AMC-Excluding horrible evil wretched Zendall

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

Well I guess I got my answer.. heehe that was fun, did not quite do them justice but nobody can. By the looks of this sad little thread, yes it is still very much a cult film and I think I like it that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users