Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

SON Top 10: One More Go, One More Shot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image
SON Top 10: One More Go, One More Shot

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- Offline for nearly seven months, only two weeks of data posted, fanbases at war, board members angered. What the heck happened to my SON Top10? Your questions answered.

[Read More]

Discuss article below...

#2 MarkH

MarkH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

I'd do one other thing to reduce ballot stuffing.

I'd require the voters to be REGISTERED, and to have made at least one Community post (maybe even specifying that it be in DTS or DTSS) in the preceding week. That reduces oodles of fanbasers from registering for the SOLE PURPOSE of the weekly votes. Nothing is foolproof, but by requiring the fanbasers to make at least one substantive post, it might produce more interesting and representative votes.

I guess there is no need for that if this revision works! Good luck!

#3 Ann_SS

Ann_SS

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

Good idea from Mark about requiring registering and posting before people can vote. I am going to hold off voting for a few week until I see how new requirements impact the poll. I am sick of online fan bases robovoting and rigging every single online poll. It would be great if SON can become the first credible online poll.

#4 jcar03

jcar03

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

I would say more then one post. They will just start a annoying post if it is only one required.

#5 SteveFrame

SteveFrame

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Errol,

Good luck.

So far thank goodness - SoapsWEB's Top Ten has not been invaded by the robotic voting. I am sure we may be someday, but even with advertising on Facebook and many other places so far it hasn't happened.

I hope you guys have the same luck.

I guess the closest we ahve come to it is in our Most Missed Sections of the voting - we seem to have a big fight brewing this month between Days, Search For Tomorrow, The Edge of Night, Ryan's Hope, Another World, and Santa Barbara fans. But it is not for one couple or anything. It's really a nice competition going on there.

In our current polls the competition is tough but right now no one is way out in the lead - the votes are very very close at the top.

#6 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 25,342 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

I just hope it lasts this time, it was annoying the last time when we were told it would be posted every week and it wasn't.

I'd require the voters to be REGISTERED, and to have made at least one Community post (maybe even specifying that it be in DTS or DTSS) in the preceding week. That reduces oodles of fanbasers from registering for the SOLE PURPOSE of the weekly votes. Nothing is foolproof, but by requiring the fanbasers to make at least one substantive post, it might produce more interesting and representative votes.

Won't work, it'll just cause people to spam the boards with stupid posts. I think they should have to be a registered member & have at least 25 LEGITIMATE posts to be able to vote

#7 Errol

Errol

Editor in Chief, Soap Opera Network

• Webmaster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

I'll see how the first week goes before making any noteworthy changes to the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users