Look into the past: March 1974

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is just amazing. And now even more amazing to see them in their original photocopied form.

Who did these? And who subscribed to them? Why would someone have bought these, back then?

Almost more fun than the plot summaries (gosh, I wish I could had watched Days during the period you described in this issue) are the cast changes.

How did you get these, FrenchFan??

• Members

I'm glad you like it. An old friend of mine had some issues and gave me four of them (Feb, March, July, Aug 1974). I wish I could fine more but it is very very very hard to find and you can be sure I keep trying. I know the webmaster of the Edge of Night page has the whole series beginning in December 1972 but I can't reach him. I'm following another lead to find more.

• Members

Thanks so much for these synopses! They're great! It's funny I was just thinking about Kim's "unmiscarriage" the other day and wondered what posters would have done to Marland for doing such a thing? Of course, it turned about to be a good story initially -- helmed by three really strong actors. One thing that people forget in looking back at these summaries, particularly in 70s, is that these stories were REALLY SLOW. You had a lot a rehashing and angst over months and months. If a story was great, it was awesome, but if it wasn't ... well it was painful. (The first story I remember was ATWT and Besty was deaf or something like that. That sent me to AMC. I didn't return to the show until 82.)

Archived