SOD: All Soaps... [6/16/09]

• Members

sodabc.jpg

LATE-BREAKING NEWS

Y&R's Emergency Adam Switch

Darin's Done At DAYS

GH's Rebecca Is Emily's Twin!

OLTL Baby Drama Continues

AMC's Amanda Marries Jake - and Gives Birth!

B&B's Ridge Leaves Brooke

ATWT: Rosanna Returns to Oakdale

GL: Is Reva Being Framed?

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW

GH: P.C. Mayor's Sex Scandal

B&B: Rick and Steffy Reunite

AMC: Annie Chooses Adam

Y&R: Ashley Miscarries

EDITORS' CHOICE: Take Back the Knife, OLTL

PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: Jeff Branson (Shayne, GL)

FEATURE INTERVIEWS & ARTICLES

Jamie Luner (Liza, AMC)

Texas, Battle, Jaqueline Woods, Kyle Lowder (Marcus, Steffy, Rick on B&B)

Felisha Terrell (Arianna, DAYS)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

I'm surprised Days is doing another child death. It is only a few years removed from Zach dying.

I am glad to see Days get the cover as it seemed that Y&R has had lots of covers lately. It's funny but I remember when people complained that Days got too much coverage from SOD.

• Members

After Days, Bill Bell also swore off baby killings. (Was it Susan's baby who died? That's what I'm remembering).

Bill, of course, reneged famously during the Sheila story. Sheila had Lauren's real baby, Scotty...and Lauren had a substituted baby (kind of like Kay is alleged to have done for Jill) that she named Dylan. Dylan died, and it was TRAGIC. But the beat of it was that Lauren still "sensed" her child was alive. Moreover, it was doubly tragic that Lauren was "childless", while Sheila had her stolen baby.

One of the most powerful stories ever. The baby death was very well used. And then, of course, under Jack Smith's reign, the controversial killing of teen Cassie continues to drive story four years later.

So, I think that is a rule that is made for breaking. But the salient point is this: USE IT SPARINGLY. Days looks suspiciously like it might be going to the well once too often with this.

• Members

God, SOD, CALM THE EFF DOWN! There's no need to splash all of that crap on the cover. And "Baby Grace DIES!" WTF is this? Soaps In Depth?

I bet "Actor Speaks Out" Means, "Hey, we lifted some quotes from his MySpace statement and pasted it into our magazine! YAAAAY US for getting the exclusive!" <_<

• Members

Im glad Grace dies.

Because really, it sets forward all the drama. Sami tells EJ and Will the truth. Ej takes johnny, Sami is heartbroken, Nicole feels bad.

And what could they do with her when the truth comes out? Let Mia have her? I dont want Mia saddled down by a child. I also dont want Sami to end up keeping her, getting Syd, having Johnny and Alli and Will.

It seems like a good storyline, and i hope they play the beat of bo/hope losing a baby just a few years ago.

Archived