• Members

Deanna Wright was definitely the best Kay, IMO.  She was to Passions what Sami Brady was to DAYS.  She was definitely fierce, but like Sami she could show you her vulnerability.  And I still remember when Charity was trapped in hell and Kay realized that she had to draw the line at some point so she finally went to the closet and tried to pull Charity out.  

I thought Taylor Anne Mountz was kind of one-note but she did have her fans.  She also had good chemistry with Lena Cardwell, the first Simone (who should never have been fired IMO).

I know people like to rag on Heidi Mueller but I thought she did well with what the part had evolved into.  She made Kay into more of an adult than she had previously been.  She actually showed Kay dealing with the difficulties of life while working in the cannery.  And she made Kay and Miguel remotely believable, even if it was still a stretch.

Gina Marie May is the often-forgotten temporary replacement when TAM abruptly left the show.  She wasn't too memorable but she did have one good scene.  It was a rare Kay/Theresa scene.  I finally found it on youtube.  There was very little interaction between them over the years, even though Maria was their shared family.  There should have been more scenes with them.  It is interesting to imagine this scene if it had been played by TAM, who had left 8 days earlier.

Edited by StevieM

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This video gave me goosebumps, I've never seen it before! I agree with the poster that mentioned all the supernatural elements were hidden, I wonder if that was intentional?

Has anyone heard about the Passions Fan Fest in LA this summer? How I wish I could go to see the reunion. Have you heard about this @Toups?

• Members

They have a good amount of the cast participating in the Passions Fan Fest reunion next month...

Andrea Evans 

McKenzie Westmore

Galen Gering

Eric Martsolf

Lindsay Hartley

Travis Schuldt 

Donn Swaby

Chrystee Pharris

Rodney Van Johnson

James Hyde

Kim Ulrich

Dana Sparks

Jade Harlow

Taylor Anne Ramsey

Juliet Mills

Marianne Muelerlile

Kathleen Noone 

Wish other soaps would do this. Here's an ad they posted too from when Passions first started...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Riverdalefan1

• Members

Passions for a lot of press and attention the first 2 or 3 years...when the show had potential.  The hamster wheel effect did the show in as well as veering too into the supernatural.

I recall the new years eve episode with Tabitha and timmy recapping the first six months of the show...and my mom was watching it that day...and she said 'this is interesting..but not my cup of tea though Timmy is adorable...and I love Juliet Mills.'

Would a change in head writer have helped the show?

• Members

I think so. 

This show should've went the Sunset Beach route and simply skimmed over the supernatural every now and then. It shouldn't've dominated the entire show. This show didn't have the budget for many of its stories and it came off cheap and campy. 

I would've possibly been tempted to have watched the show more if they had focused more on the haves vs. have nots trope they played early on in the show. 

• 2 weeks later...