• 1 month later...
  • Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Oh, this is too funny, because I just got finished watching episode 47. Ethan watches a movie with his eyes closed? And the fire is still going on in episode 50? WHAT? :lol: Not to mention that dumb sh!t with Tabitha turning into a dog to go kill Faith and Charity. Couldn't she turn into a bomb or something?

• Members

It's just too funny! The fire lasting almost a whole week in real time? Miguel waking up (because Charity was dreaming of him) and yelling out conversationally: "Did someone call my name?" made me laugh harder than I've laughed all day. Not to mention the stupidity of taking Hank and Sheridan to get to her cottage two whole episodes, but Tabitha as a dog went to a whole other town and came back within minutes. Jesus! 

• Members

Scratch that -- it took seven episodes for the fire to be put out! The day lasted 21 (!!!) episodes, 11 of which was one veeeery looooooooong night. 

And, yet, the show does surprise pleasantly every now and then. I love Ethan and Sheridan's relationship and Hank and Luis (of all people) have had a few really good, well-written and character-driven scenes (some of them upwards 5 or 6 minutes long) that are shockingly old school soap. It's like the show forgets to be stupid during some of their scenes. In fact, all of episode 54 was pretty good, with minimal stupidity, until towards the end. Refreshing.

Somebody in the comments spoiled what happens with Beth later on. Grrrr.

Also, I read a very interesting comment re: Theresa and Kay. Up until I read it, I thought of Theresa and Kay as both pathetic stalker bitches (which they are), only the show treats Theresa as good and Kay as evil. And I agreed with that but the comment pointed out that, while Theresa is stupid and only accidentally hurt Ethan, she doesn't want to destroy his family, everyone around him, or wishes death to his current loves, while Kay is actively wishing for it (and I presume will sell her soul to the devil soon since the writing heavily implied that). They may want the same thing but the way they are going about it is totally different.

Hilariously stupid! It's so sad that Brett Hadley was out of Y&R and went on to play such a stupid, nothing role. 

• Members

Overtime Theresa and Kay's actions end up being on an even level which is why I never understood the Kay is evil while Theresa is good writing. Though Kay gets a big can of whitewash later on after a few recasts. Theresa and Kay end up doing the same nasty underhanded things to try and get their men. 

• Members

Fascinating. Based on what I see now, there is a big difference between them, but I wouldn't be surprised if by season 9 Theresa is drugging and "making love" to Ethan :lol: In fact, this being Reilly, it probably happens much sooner than season 9 lol 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

sigh..... you know I forgot how much I miss this damn show.....I've never really spoken about my love for Passions as much, even if it's always been my first and well...the first soap I got into on my own, but I have been watching lots of old episodes, and I reminded myself, even if I have grown to love other soaps, Passions was truly a special part of my life, and really defined most of my late childhood/early/teen years, and I loved every minute of it....I totally would add a bit of Passions into any soap I was currently writing...LOL

• Members

Andrea Evans was a goddess in that role, which is why I miss her on daytime....I always got a kick out of the fact that it seemed like Theresa always had a harder time taking out Gwen, or was always the one getting attacked by her, while Theresa always attacked Rebecca easily without any problems....:D  I still get a kick out of Theresa trapping Rebecca against the wall in her wheelchair, when she found out Rebecca was covering for Gwen when she took off with Baby Jane, then just hitting her and calling her a bitch, while everyone just looked on, and some even cracked a smile in the background....LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Natalie Zea on her time at Passions as Gwen #2

From http://tvline.com/gallery/memories-from-the-set-natalie-zea/#!1/zea-passions/

PASSIONS

Getting her start at the "boot camp" that is daytime-TV, Zea played Gwen Hotchkiss Winthrop on the NBC soap, a "difficult" role in that "she was this kind of inbetweener — she wasn't a villain, but she wasn't a good guy either," the actress recalls. "She was just this sort of spineless amoeba. I could never quite figure out her point of view." That was in part because "the writing was so terrible," Zea opines. "And that's not telling tales out of school!" The one bright side? The fictional burg of Harmony was where she met future husband Travis Schuldt!