The Good Wife: Discussion Thread

• Members

It's just kind of gratifying to know as good as the show is they recognize some of the pitfalls this season and are working to improve. I'd like to think while the show has never been a ratings hit, some of the sluggishness as it relates to ratings have been a reflection of some of the writing woes and the audience is not satisfied with less than excellence. It's plus

but also a lofty challenge for the writing team to strive for each season.

And on a side note I like seeing more of Diane but I'm not a fan of Gary Coles or Bryan Browns which probably impacts my enjoyment of that aspect of the show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Finished Season 2. What can I say about this show? What a soapy, amazing, thrilling ride it is! I really love its mix of soap opera, law firm and politics. The twist that revealed Peter and Kalinda had slept together was one of the most amazing twists on any soap ever and it affected everyone so greatly. And that ending! Will and Alicia on the elevator, finally kissing, going through all those obstacles. Greatness. I plan to watch Season 3 as quickly as possible so that I can watch Season 4 as it airs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kind of weird they compare the character to "Fonzie" and "James Bond" and say fans didn't want to see her background. I'm not sure if that's what fans objected to.

At least they realized the fans were not responding and have decided to move on, instead of acting like fans are idiots who don't "get it" and just need to accept the genius.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

I agree that this season has been so good. I think it's been its best so far. What a shocking development and definitely a game changer.

Josh's contract ended last season but the Kings and Julianna convinced him to come back for a shortened 5th season.

• Members

I have to go back to the beginning but have seen a few shows of the present season, and I liked what I saw. I am shocked!

CBS executives wrote an open letter to fans "Life Does Go On".

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/24/the-good-wife-robert-michelle-king-letter/

I have quite a few shows in the Netflix Queue, so I'm not sure when I can get to this on Amazon. Perhaps by the time I do get to TGW, Neflix will have it and I won't have to pay.

• Members

It's interesting to see the different reactions to last night's episode. A lot of people seem to be working their way through the five stages of grief. It's dismaying to me to see all the people who were apparently under the impression that this show was all about which man Alicia would end up with

Archived