The Vampire Diaries: Discussion Thread

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This show should have been canceled after the atrocity that was 2nd half of Season 2 but given that its the CW and the lack of any type of big ratings show I'm not surprised its lasted this long.

So many issues but none of them will ever be addressed and so long as the writers have Damon and/or Stefan shirtless the audience (tiny as it is) will still be there so there's no way the formula will change. Characters like Bonnie and Caroline interested me far more than dumb Elena and her constant troubles.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Season 4 is the worst season, by far. I would say it gets a bit better towards the end due to Elena's loss of humanity but I would consider season 4 the worst season, easily.

Katherine was the only redeemable thing about this season so far. I really feel like the Original's killed the show. From that point onward the mythology has just become that much weaker.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just finished Season 5.

And HELL YES!!! to being upset at Katherine's exit. Which goes to show how much developement she got as a character versus Elena who I can honestly do without. But Katherine had some a well-rounded arc and even thought she did that doublecross...wow. It was still in character.