Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ah, the memories. I was totally rooting for Cass and Frankie. I was so ticked off when he chose Kathleen and then Frankie had the miscarriage. I saw this story on YT a while ago. Does the Another World archive still exist on YT? I must look for it.

• Members

Unfortunately I think they were taken down. I never did get to finish them.

That's one of my favorite soap covers. When I watched (albeit knowing the outcome in advance) it never felt like he truly wanted to be with Kathleen, but I did like the idea of the triangle.

• Members

Cass and Kathleen are my favorite soap couple. When she returned in 1991 the writers had changed and no matter what Cass did, even choosing Kathleen at one point, it always felt heavy-handed and biased toward Frankie to me. It was still one of the better soap triangles, but I never really felt Kathleen had a chance.

• Members

In retrospect, you are right that triangle was biased towards Frankie, but at the time, I was caught up in the drama. I always remember the scene where Kathleen makes this heavy breakfast with eggs, etc. for Cass and he can't eat it, instead opting for the fruit. Kathleen is perplexed and in that moment, you can see how Cass had changed under Frankie's influence and that is when i was convinced that he would eventually go back to Frankie.

Too bad the AW episodes were taken down, I was also enjoying Dean and Jenna, one of favorite teen soap couples if all time. I wish someone would put up videos on Matt and Donna's romance as there are only a couple on YT. I loved them as well.

• Members

I enjoyed that triangle as well. I was a huge fan of Cass and Kathleen and took a long time to warm up to him with Frankie but just as I was kathleen returned. It was a great set-up but I agree that the writers favored Frankie from the beginning.

I don't remember a lot of flashbacks or recaps of Cass and Kathleen together. Maybe my memory is just fuzzy. But I wonder if the newer viewers really had any idea who Kathleen was? I don't think it helped that Kathleen was isolated from her family as well. Wasn't Jake really her only family member left on the show at the time? This added to the feeling that Kathleen was the odd woman out.

• Members

I warmed to Frankie after a while, too. I just loved the smart, fun and adventurous way Cass and Kathleen were written. I think sometimes it's a matter of when we started watching or how old we were or what we were going through at the time of a particular story that makes it stay special in our minds. I spoke with Alice Barrett recently but just about her latest play.

Interviewed Carrie Preston last week about her new movie (she directs), which stars Anne Heche and features Nick Gregory, who played two roles on AW included Frankie's killer.

• Members

Cass and Kathleen were so good together. Smart, witty, adventurous and pretty darn hot ... I thought of them as the Nick and Nora of daytime. I did warm up to Cass and Frankie after awhile, though. I really think Stephen Schnetzer is one of the most underrated actors ever to appear on soaps. He could do it all!