Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you to Saynotoursoap for posting this, but I'm afraid the news isn't good. Apparently the longtime announcer of both Another World and Somerset (and For Richer For Poorer), Bill Wolff, passed away earlier this year. A tribute was posted on You Tube.

One of the underrated behind the scenes voices in all of daytime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDP_9WzwT9Q

• Members

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/blog/136/entry-9417-another-world-179-kirkland-and-charlies-wedding-day-part-3/

BRIEF RECAP OF MY FANFIC BACK TO ANOTHER WORLD…how did I get to Episode 179?

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/blog/136/entry-9417-another-world-179-kirkland-and-charlies-wedding-day-part-3/

Kirkland and Charlie’s wedding day has finally arrived. Kirkland came back to Bay City to support Jake and Vicky after Michele “died”, but he also came back to exact revenge on Grant for all that he did to try and take him away from Vicky when he was younger. Charlie returned to Bay City after she dropped out of college, and encountered Frankie, and she hated Frankie for staying away from Bay City even after Frankie revealed she was Anne O’Donnell. Charlie and Frankie reconciled after Mitch Blake was shot. Charlie and Kirkland developed feelings for one another, but Charlie did not want to proceed with a relationship with Kirkland because Kirkland still had thoughts of vengeance toward Grant. It was also revealed that Kirkland had a homosexual past with a resident of Genoa City, and slept with a male bartender to get information on Grant. Kirkland eventually fell in love with Charlie, but footage of his sexcapades still exists, and he has not told Charlie about it. Will this eventually destroy his marriage to Charlie?

Edited by cnathanielrichardson

• Members

I swear the clothes on the young women are much louder than the clothes the girls wore on ATWT at this time. Maybe AW was trying to be more "edgy"?

I have to say that considering this was right before yet another big transition period (many of the people in these clips would be fired or phased out, or the actors quit), it's not that bad. I hated Michael but I don't even mind him here. The only story that seems flat is the Brittany/Peter/Catlin saga (I had no idea Brittany and Peter were every happy - she was acting so weird in the scene with Chris and Peter). Her makeup is also a mess.

I've always thought Ellen Wheeler was best suited to Marley, but I enjoyed her Vicky here too. She's not as fleshed out as Anne's Vicky, but there's a lot going on under the surface. And she looked great with her hair slicked back and wearing the leather-skin type jacket.

I also enjoy Nancy and Dee as her rivals, with Vicky manipulating them. Dee's such a quirky, fun character.

I like seeing Smiley's too. It reminds me of the Cooper's diner on GL.

I love everything with Cass and Kathleen. For all the talk of Cass "growing up" because of Frankie, I much prefer this Cass - still a bad boy, but with a big, easily broken heart, and a big mouth.

I'm so glad to see Sally Spencer's MJ when she had a fun personality and wasn't going around saying I WAS A WHORE!

Who was running the show at this point?

• Members

Sharon Gabet has admitted that her character of Brittany was a mess all across the board. In her podcast interview on Brandon's Buzz last month, she said that the character was written into a whiny, sniveling mess in order to gain sympathy from the audience. At the time she was finally written off in early 1987, she was far along into her second pregnancy and took a few months off before joining OLTL.