Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What did you all think of Quinn Harding? I like what I've seen of her on YT. As played by the magnificent Petronia Paley, she was not only a great character for black women to emulate, but all women. Quinn was single and self-sufficient, raised an adopted daughter alone, had a nice circle of friends and got a steady boyfriend towards the end of her run in Zack Edwards. It's a shame they killed her off (in spring 1987 - who were the HW and EP then?) because she could have been a tentpole character for the rest of the show's run. At the time of Ms. Paley's departure, the only three members of the cast with more seniority were Ford, Wyndham and Watson.

• Members

It was such a travesty that they killed off Quinn. She was a great character and had so much potential. Yet she was sacrificed for the Sin Stalker story. I suspect that had Gail Brown's Clarice not been writer out the previous year that Clarice would have been murdered, too.

Margaret DePriest was head writer at the time. John Whitesell was Executive Producer.

• Members

Supposedly people wrote to SOD complaining about Quinn's murder, and the reply was that the show hadn't even known people would be upset, or that she had fans.

If true, that says a lot about the mindset of the people in charge at the time.

That whole story, and the constant idea of how women should be punished for their whorish ways, is very offputting to me.