Another World

• Members

wow. is this the way i respond? Watching the 1980 early episodes. Carol Shelley really did a great job of replacing Bev as Iris. I thought when I first saw her that she was too old for the role. Ironically, Bev is (was) actually older than Carol Shelley. maybe it was the blonder hair. In real life, both actress's are very close in age to doug watson. I guess back then, it was believable for Mack to be Daddy. I really did like Carmen Duncan as Iris but she was not the spoiled bitch. Duncan took over a more businesswan type of role which was not Iris. Just an FYI, if u want to purchase the DVDS off Eddie, it is classic to see Carol portraying Iris.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Spencer Treat Clark (Steven Frame), who was so good in Unbreakable, has gone on to have a long career as an adult - he's done a couple Law and Orders and a lot of film, including the Last House on the Left remake with Garret Dillahunt. But I just spotted him the other day in the trailer for The Last Exorcism II - which I was going to see anyway, since I loved the first, sue me. What's really exciting, though, is that he is also featured in Joss Whedon's upcoming film of Much Ado About Nothing. Generally when an actor enters the Whedon stable they never leave, or lack for interesting work. He also grew up to be uncomfortably hot, but that's beside the point.

His sister, Eliza, I remember from some semi-autobiographical webseries I stumbled across where she was pretty funny. What I didn't realize until much later is that she was actually one of the pre-Erin Torpey Jessica Buchanans on OLTL. Would that she could have taken the role from Bree Williamson.

• Members

In any of the episodes that you've seen, does Bill Wolff announce that Beverlee is out due to illness and Carole's playing Iris?

Poor Beverlee. I didn't know about her losing some of the functionality in her arm. And as far as the anesthesia thing is concerned, I don't know how the devil they handled her transplant. Well, I guess there had been medical advancements in those fifteen or so years.

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/02/flashback-beverlee-mckinsey-1980.html

• Members

I agree. The later scenes were def more Iris but I thought the scene with her and Reena were so Iris. Her gossiping about Pat Randolph. I personally thought she did a great job at replacing Bev. I remember when she was on but of course I was in 6th grade. I thought she looked kind of old but as I said above, I winkepdia and Bev was older than Carol

• 2 weeks later...