Another World

• Members

Here's the start of a May 29 1997 episode Sandra was in. The main story at this time was that Brooke's husband Grant (played by Charles Grant) had been shot. Ridge was arrested. Grant kept quiet about the real shooter. He finally told Ridge that Rick, who was angry at Grant for breaking up the family and had also been playing violent video games (so that's why Rick is so screwed up....those damn video games), had shot him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W93tjzofxuo&feature=related

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's probably the most detailed recast announcement I've ever heard. :P

Cat Hickland was also a temp Brooke, she said it was a bit of a conflict of interest as Capitol had been given the boot for B&B.

• Members

She does <3 and she does now too-

21nfrit.jpg

this is her twitter- http://twitter.com/Sandra_Robinson . she does some class thing, idk really. i have not gotten the nerve up to ask her for an interview despite exchanging messages with her. idk why. after metting lucci, sweeney, braden, bernard, zimmer, rowell and talking to them like no big deal... lol.

Edited by JackPeyton

• Members

My take on Cali/Judi is that when Days canned her,AW jumped at the chance to have a popular and respected actress on the show and decided to sacrifice Cali as Paulina.

I don't think they created Paulina for Judi.

I always remember that Cali's brothers and sister were part of the group Cowboy Junkies.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Late 96 to mid 97 was a dramatic period for KKL, as I think she almost quit B&B in late 1996. I remember some headline about that in Soap Opera Weekly. Then when her pregnancy was further along, she was unexpectedly confined to bedrest, which meant that a huge portion of Brooke's story, far more than they'd anticipated, was played by a temporary recast. So Sandra, as she said at the time, really got to play some huge scenes.

I've never seen Cat's turn in the role.

I miss the days of temporary soap recasts :(

• Members

Wow. Thats so intersting, i had never heard any of that before.

Im not really big on KKL, i find her limited and one note but then again her role is too. I actually would like to see her in another role (Same for kassie dePiva on OLTL).

I was just reading some info from when Sandy was Brooke and yes, it does seem like she played some really meaty scenes. I have a thing for temp recasts too. Gh recently did it with Patrick, AMC did it with Aiden and a few years ago Pass did it with Theressa. So its not really dead, its just less common now. I guess because they can block tape so much now.

Oh also, days did something really clever by temp recasting Sami with Dan Wells and having her become Stan, lol.

What? Days canned her? I always thought she quit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Jack, thank you so much for this opportunity. Here are two questions that I would ask Sandra if I had the chance:

1. What were her favorite and least favorite storylines that she was involved with while she was on AW?

2. With whom would she most have liked to have seen Amanda paired romantically (out of all the characters with whom she never enterd into a relationship)?

I look forward to reading the answers to these questions. Please give Sandra my thanks for all of her hard work while at AW.

Edited by Max

• Members

I second Max's comments about thanking Sandra for her work at AW and in daytime.

1. Do you know what storyline Amanda may have next had if Another World hadn't been canceled?

2. What were your thoughts on the Lumina storyline, Jordan Stark, playing a dual role Amelie, etc.? Did the story change as it went along?

3. Did you feel that the character of Amanda had changed in the 5 years you'd been away from the role? Did you change the way you played her?

4. What did you think of Amanda's relationship with Evan Frame? Did you wish that had been further explored? Were you surprised to learn Evan had briefly returned during your absence from the role?

5. So many actors played Sam Fowler in such a short period of time. Was that stressful?

6. Were there ever any romantic pairings or storylines you wanted for Amanda but the show never went for?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

What was her relationship with Victoria Wyndham, both professionally and personally?

Memories of Constance Ford?

What led her to return to the role?

What was the feeling on the set during each stint i.e. being on a low rated show/one facing cancellation?

Thanks.