Another World

• Members

I know Agnes Nixon used part of her A MC bible to create Rachel and ada....as well as marry Rachel off to a med student.  The difference was Alice w asnt like Tara...and that's what made the rachel/steve/Alice story work at first...Alice was no shrinking violet..

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anna Stuart quote from SOW interview May 1997

Stuart says her greatest sense of isolation from the role was when Donna Swajeski was writing AW.

"No one would ever admit that Donna didn't like Donna", Stuart recalls. "There were some stories.In one, the boy, Mikey, was taken away from me. After that, it started drying up. I started getting bitter and angry, and I would go to the producer and say,'What is going on here I'm not that old that I should be put out to pasture'.

Finally, the exec producer Michael Laibson admitted to me (that I was right), and I said,'Thank you for validating my feelings."

• Members

This quote surprises me a little bit because I feel that Swajeski wrote one of Donna's better stories when Michael left her and she had an affair with Jake and the "Who Shot Jake?" storyline and all the fallout with Vicky and Marley.  So, Swajeski did feature her prominently.

• Members

20 years ago this week, Another World aired the 25th Anniversay episode of Victoria Wyndham in the role of Rachel Cory Hutchins- an outstanding tribute to the actress- and one last nod to the show's history before things begin to fall apart in 1998 with the dismissal of Charles Keating (Carl)...

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Kyra Sedgewick Jonna Lee

Faith Ford

Jonna Lee was hired and fired in less than a month. Nowadays she'd be onscreen for a year before they would replace her <coughs> Viv Jovanni <coughs>

from the AWHP:

Portrayers: Kyra Sedgwick, January 15, 1982 - June 1983.
Janna Leigh (AKA Jonna Lee), June 6, 1983 - June 1983.
Faith Ford, June 1983 - August 13, 1984.

I love when actors look fondly on their soap past.

• Members

OMG - The Snowflake Ball!!!!  I just got to the first episode. I loved loved LOVED this when I was a teenager. I would look forward to it every year (I don't know how many they ended up doing - in my mind, it was a yearly tradition - does anyone remember how many years it continued?) I must say, I'm loving it as an adult as well. Love the black and white theme. Sharlene and Felicia look particularly stunning, imo. It's wonderful seeing a soft side of Iris, paying for Josie's dress and making Josie's entrance to the ball into such a grand occasion. Maybe Iris was just doing it because she knew it would piss off Rachel, but I'd like to think even Iris still believed in young love.

I'm so excited to get to the Donna Swajeski years. Both as a teenager, and as an adult, I have enjoyed '87 and '88. But '89 and Swajeski's tenure was where I became obsessed with Another World. Loved everything about it. I hope I still find it enjoyable now that I'm older. Paulina, and Lucas, and Jenna and Dean, and Lorna, Anne Heche in her prime as Vicky/Marley, Grant, Ryan, FRANKIE!!!!  Oh, I can't wait.

From a medium sized attempt at seeing what exists on YouTube, it looks as pretty much all of '91 and '92 exist? I'm going to try to get though what exists of '89 and '90 by the end of the year so I can watch '91-'92 daily as the years progress. I've doing the same with Ryan's Hope for the past 5 years (I never watched it on original airing or any of the soap net reruns) and it's been working nicely. It's like I have (good) daily soaps again! Thank God for YT.