Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Here are some of the suggestions the show could have used some legacy AW characters:

When Ada and her daughter, Rachel, were introduced, add in a son Adam, a young boy. In the following decade, the 1970s, Adam could have been used in storylines originally written for the SORAS-ed Jamie. Rachel could be the big sister instead of the mother. 

Instead of SORAS-ing Rachel's son, Jamie, in the seventies, at least give Jamie's late seventies-mid eighties stories, to Rachel's brother, Adam, and keep Jamie a child.

SORAS Jamie in the eighties by giving Matthew Cory's stories to Jamie. That way Rachel remains viable and youthful instead of being bumped up an age bracket.

Amanda, born in 1979, should have been SORAS-ed during the nineties. Amanda Cory could have taken Maggie Cory's storylines.

Ricky Matthews could have returned to Bay City as a young adult, staying with his grandmother, Liz, and getting involved with Josie Watts much to Liz's chagrin.

Dr. Russ Matthews could have returned as a world-famous physician who becomes the new Chairman of Bay City General Hospital after buying the facility through his Russell Matthews Foundation (similar to the Harper Avery Foundation) and become a power player in Bay City.

Dennis Carrington Wheeler, Iris' son, could have taken over Jamie Frame's mid-eighties/early nineties stories. Instead, Dennis would follow in Grandpa Mac and Mama Iris' footsteps and become a Cory Publishing executive with his real passion for seeking adventure in dangerous places as a journalist.

Or bring back Dr. Rick Hathaway in the form of Laurence Lau in 1986 to play out Jamie's eighties and nineties stories.

To prolong the show, Matthew Cory along with his nephew Alex could have to make up the new teen set of the millennium.

• Members

I had a crush on Scott back then too! He was so gorgeous but I hated Scott and Cheryl as a couple. I wish he had been Vicky and Marley's brother then maybe we wouldn't have had Nick (Michael's son). (Mark Mortimer was also a hottie but I never understood the real purpose of Nick.) Scott could have been a pivotal character during Marley's rape/Jake's shooting and become a viable rival of Jake's.  

• Members

It's my understanding that Marcy Walker was offered a chance to join Another World in 1995.  I think it's just as well that she apparently turned the offer down since Frankie Frame was murdered not too long afterwards, infuriating Jamey Giddens and so many other fans.

Edited by GSGfan2017
Didn't feel right putting "other" next to "Another"

• Members

Didn't Marcy and JFP's relationship sour at GL? I remember when Marcy was interviewed around 1997 and was asked how she would feel if JFP came to AMC as EP (at the time, JFP was consulting at ABC, but obviously ended up at OLTL), and she didn't seem very enthused...

It was the right move for her to go back to AMC (even if they later ruined Liza). 

• Members

I don't disbelieve you, but I would like to see that article.  I have followed Marcy's career for YEARS and I don't ever recall that being mentioned.  I can't see her working for JFP again so soon after what happened on GL.

It was definitely the right move for her to go back to AMC.  Liza was nothing short of amazing from 95-2000.