Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really really really wish Anne Heche had been around long enough to play the scene where Marley learned Paulina shot Jake, but still, Jensen is alright. 

Beautifully written scenes here, so rich - great stuff. 

AW was such a unique soap. I'm always going to feel like it was a part of me. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The intro of Josie being Russ's daughter was more or less immediately introduced when Sharlene Frame came back to town in June of 88 with Josie.  First, Rachel came to the farm and she and Rachel talked about old times and the subject of Russ came up and Rachel questioning her daughters age made Sharlene uncomfortable.  I saw these scenes originally but never but two and two together but after watching them countless times now, the body language tells the truth.  Then, Liz showed up days later inquiring if she was Russ's daughter (does anyone have that episode? I cant find it anywhere).  Sharlene acted weird after she left know Josie was A Matthews.  Regarding Oliva, I think that was kind of a last minute thing and not sure why they bothered but it was supposed to be that Olivia Delaney was young Olivias mother.  That was never revealed.  Delaney and Russ I think left BC together in 81 or so after Tracy Matthews died

• Members

Under what circumstances was Sharlene re-introduced?

Why was Rachel visiting her after all those years?

Who was behind the re-introduction of these characters?

Lemay came on after the strike of 88.

I wonder what his long term plans were? I think Donna S only worked from what he had put in place rather than strictly following his long term plans. And the show was the worst for it.

Lemay began at 3 shows (DRS, SFT,AW),worked for a short time and then was replaced.

A shame that we never got to see him complete a longer stint as a headwriter.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I always enjoyed Anna Stuart as Donna Love (although the material she was given to work with in the show's last couple of years was nowhere near worthy of her talent), but seeing her as Toni on the reruns of The Doctors has been nothing short of amazing. She could play both a good girl and a bad girl with ease. Has she retired from acting now altogether?

• Members

Sharlene was originally played in 1977 and then recasted in 1988. Came to live on the Frame ranch with her brother Jason cuz her daughter Josie was hanging with the wrong crowd in LA.  If you could ever believe that Sharlene  lived in LA?  haha

Rachel came to the Frame farm to visit Jamie and saw Sharlene.  Jason Frame was part of the story and it is available on youtube to see. She has no idea Sharlene was back in BC.... 

Michael Liabson was the producer even before Lemay came back and if I recall he insisted "back to the basics". and said the Frames and the Corys.  So even before Harding Lemay came back, the story was more or less focused again on the the core of the show. Most likely why Lemay was rehired.  LIabson wanted him back to rewrite the wonder years of the show.