Another World

• Members

I agree with Watson71. I thought Gabet did a very good job when she came on the show, portraying a sympathetic character but with an edge. I think Brittany as a character was a great interloper in the triangle because she was layered - not a villain, not sugary sweet. Others are more knowledgeable about the writing changes but that era of AW was all over the place. Brittany alternated between villain and victim, married off to Peter, who changed from nice guy to villain with a recast, Thomas Ian Griffith seemed to check out as Catlin (in my opinion) once Mary Page Keller left, so Gabet really wasn't given much to shine in as time went on. I actually liked her Melinda on OLTL although I never saw the other actresses in that role. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's why I miss Linda Dano so much. No one could cry like her. She could cry beautifully one second and give you a good old ugly cry the next (i.e. when Jenna miscarried the baby & she was calling for help). 

Linda also needs to give a workshop on how actors should play drunks or alcoholics b/c I've never seen anyone play one as good as she did. Not on daytime or primetime. 

• Members

It really was. I find myself going to watch most of that arc on YouTube every few months b/c I am so mesmerized by Dano's work. I loved too how Lorna was hard on Felicia while Jenna (as annoying as ever) didn't wanna believe that her mother was a drunk. Their scenes in the cabin when Jenna finally realized the truth was one of the few times I felt for Jenna. 

• Members

She did an episode of that soap star reality show on SoapNet years ago. The wannabe actors had no clue of what greatness they were in the presence of. 

I absolutely agree that she gave the finest performance of an alcoholic on television, be it daytime or primetime. Jeanne Cooper is a distant second.