Another World

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It isn't jarring to me, but then my mother watched AMC religiously, and Charles Keating appeared on there as an evil shrink involved with Silver Kane named Damon Lazarre, and he had short hair for that role...

Here's a link to a promo featuring CK as Damon Lazarre...

Edited by Wendy

• Members

I think it's a testament to CK, VW and their chemistry that that relationship was at all successful.  Because, no matter how hard AW's writers tried at the time (and they tried HARD), it was just as hard for many longtime viewers to get past all the years of bad blood between those two.

• Members

While AW lost a lot of what made it special in the past, the one thing I can give the show props from maintaining throughout regime changes was the importance of friendship. Chris & Jake's friendship was one of the bright spots of the show's final years. I always loved how close they were. 

I think I appreciate this episode too b/c of Gabe/Lorna. God I loved those 2. I think Gabe was the one role that John Bolger had that I was interested in. I didn't care for him during his stints at OLTL or GH. He was dreadful. He & Robin Christopher has stellar chemistry though. 

I never cared for Bobby Reno, and he was a dud of a character. Sucks to know that this show got rid of Alice Barrett (Frankie) to make room for this dud character that didn't even last. 

• Members

That's nice to hear. I just did not care for him on OLTL & GH. He did seem like a decent Phillip from the few episodes I've seen of him during his time on GL. 

IMO, he should've stayed on AW till the bitter end as Gabe was his defining role. The show should've did everything in their power to keep Robin Christopher as Lorna too. Those 2 were burning hot, and was one of the hot couples during that detrimental time period.