Paul Raven

Another World

3,471 posts in this topic

No, he was among the 86 exodus of anyone not a Love/Cory/McKinnon/Felicia and Wally group.  She later dated Greg Houston and Tony Carlisle.  Greg got killed by the Sin Stalker.

I'm going off what's available on YT from that time, which certainly doesn't seem to be everything, but it seemed like they were trying to have it at least three different ways with Carl leading up to his death-via-not-wanting-to-pay-CK-anymore.

At times it seemed like Carl was returning to his evil ways.

And then they throw in medical stuff that didn't make sense that he could have been faking, such as the headaches while he was alone and not needing to put on a show for anyone.

And then there was the return of his fear of never being able to measure up to Mac (who could blame him for that one, though?) and losing Rachel (and now his children) because he couldn't measure up.

And then there was a mention or two of possible PTSD brought on by the Nikos debacle and Matt and Amanda's betrayal of Rachel.

And then they throw in that Embers in the Snow crap where, out of nowhere, Cass is now one of Carl's moving targets? Was that ever explained, or just dropped in the wake of Carl's death?

I mean, have I put more thought into this now than the writers did at the time?

Just now, slick jones said:

No, he was among the 86 exodus of anyone not a Love/Cory/McKinnon/Felicia and Wally group.  She later dated Greg Houston and Tony Carlisle.  Greg got killed by the Sin Stalker.

I liked Nancy with Chris he grounded her flighty ways. I also liked Nancy with Perry. Poor Nancy she had two great pairings that AW squandered. Both Greg and Tony were awful pairings for Nancy. 

8 minutes ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

Wasn't Walter the reason why Lenore was locked up anyways?

Yes. He kept quiet about his killing the guy and let her stand trial. He then cried in a scarf a lot. I do wonder how it played out onscreen, as Lemay's book is very skewed and I regret letting it influence as much of my view as it did, especially about Jacquie Courtney. 

2 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Yes. He kept quiet about his killing the guy and let her stand trial. He then cried in a scarf a lot. I do wonder how it played out onscreen, as Lemay's book is very skewed and I regret letting it influence as much of my view as it did, especially about Jacquie Courtney. 

Yes. I remember reading that in Lemay's book. Didn't he kill Walter off and fans revolted? 

I never got that. Lenore should've clocked his ass for allowing her to sit in jail all that time. 

Didn't Val DuFour soon go to Search for Tomorrow after this?

18 minutes ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

Yes. I remember reading that in Lemay's book. Didn't he kill Walter off and fans revolted? 

I never got that. Lenore should've clocked his ass for allowing her to sit in jail all that time. 

Didn't Val DuFour soon go to Search for Tomorrow after this?

Yes.

I don't know how fans reacted, although I guess he must have been a popular character. 

I remember Lemay belittling Dufour for ruining Susan Sullivan's chance to shine in his final scenes...although given that they were his final scenes, not hers, maybe they should have been about him...