Another World

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IMO, it was disappointing. 

I think out of his entire regime, I only stories enjoyed Toni's rape/Nick being falsely accused and Paulina's pill addiction. Everything else was blah (to me). 

He brought on Tyrone, and I think he brought on Lila, which were pluses too. 

While I still loved and somewhat enjoyed the show around this time, I didn't care for a lot of the crap. Grant was further being made a mustache twirling villain that long needed to be declawed. Cindy started groveling over yet another man (now Grant), which annoyed me as I saw potential in her to grow on her own. Joe's constant berating of Paulina grew tiring to the point I wanted him to be killed off. I totally didn't care about Shane/Vicky/Jake triangle as I felt Vicky deserved to be paired with someone better than both of them. Felicia, Cass, Carl, and Rachel were thrown scraps and stupid stories around this time.

• Members

He just re-used a lot of his OLTL stories, to diminishing returns. I did enjoy Lila but so much was just off. The story with Amanda pretending to be a brunette woman to make up an affair with Carl and then getting into the delusion and starting to forget she wasn't her...the "Booba" fertility statue Cindy used...just off. 

• Members

Oh Lord. The infamous Hadley Prescott story, which I thought did so much damage to Matthew & Amanda as they regressed in their relationship with Carl. I hated that story. 

Cindy and the fertility statue was stupid too. Again, I felt it just made Cindy a constant groveler and it lessened her as a character. 

• Members

I will say some things I thought in the final months...

Rachel acting more like Rachel including the dimishing of that odd accent.

The Grant murder case with Paulina confessing to cover for who she thought was her child.

I think the marley story would have worked better if she were trying to keep Jake and Vicky apart because of feeling her twin was being disloyal for marrying her rapist...instead of trying to get Jake back.

Lila was a winner...though I think she worked best single then with a relationship.

Cindy was fascinating and it seemed like she was coming into her own as the show ended.

Points for getting the 1st adult Amanda back...but points deducted for that Amelie story plus lackluster pairing with camereon.

I can see why Anna Stuart wanted to quit.

• Members

I can't blame Anna Stuart either considering a lot of Donna's contemporaries were gone: Michael, John, Sharlene, and as mentioned, Iris not coming back. All Donna was used for was a sounding board for Vicky/Marley. Donna was too important of a character to just be used that way. 

I thought the show was coming around at the end as well. I liked having Sandra and Matt back as Amanda and Matt. Lila was great and the rivalry she had with Vicky. The Anne (Frankie)/Cass/Lila triangle was interesting. Marley/Tyrone were a good match and intriguing. I really liked Chris and Toni. 

• Members

So I've been rewatching a lot of summer 1991 lately and just have to say: 

-I'm sorry Donna didn't get full revenge on Stacey, but at least it was enough to drive Stacey out of town. Unfortunately she'd end up coming over to Springfield the next year. I hadn't been a fan of Michael since late 1989 so I was happy to see him on the losing end too even if Donna didn't entirely get her way. 

-It was amazing to see Tom Eplin and Judi Evans have instant chemistry. The 7/22/91 episode where Jake tried to propose to Paulina in front of Rachel, Sam, Amanda, and Jamie was hilarious. 

-Speaking of which, Amanda/Sam 3.0/Olivia was tiresome and by September Dennis Wheeler had been thrown into the mix for heaven knows why. At least we had Carl stalking Amanda which made it somewhat interesting. 

-I skip over a lot of the Taylor Benson mess as I didn't like the conclusion of the story-line at all. Same with Cass/Kathleen getting jealous of Frankie/Ryan. Really? 

-Iris is so criminally underused and underdeveloped it's sad but at least Carmen Duncan can save the day on that. 

• Members

Yes. In early 1998 Rachel got a call from an upset Nancy that Chris had fallen or jumped out a window. Matt immediately suspected Carl of being behind it. I remember being surprised the show remembered either character - if not for Richard Culliton I guess they wouldn't have. 

• Members

I thought so.  Chris' death seems so random to me.  Like, why would Carl kill Chris after all this time (other than to let viewers know he'd reverted to his former, evil ways)?

Thanks, Carl!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan