Another World

• Members

I for one turned into OLTL when AW was ending/ended BECAUSE they had so many former AW actors on there: Kale Browne, Robin Christopher, John Bolger, Tim Gibbs, Linda Dano, and even Kevin McClatchy. I was too young when Robin Strasser was on AW but I also enjoyed her and Catherine Hickland. Because of these people I got hooked and never stopped until cancellation. :-( 

The story that hooked me was Lindsey being on trial for running down Jessica when it was Dorian that had done it. I never looked back. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie DePriest killed off Sally.Zane,Quinn and Masie. She also wrote off Chris, Larry, Clarice, Dee, Carter, Thomasina and Lilly. Ellen Wheeler was awesome as the twins. How i miss the days when soap operas had a real budget and went on location all the time. Taylor Miller wasn't a bad Sally she just didn't have chemistry Thomas Ian Griffith. Sally and Catlin really deserved a happy ending. I love Cass and Cecile even through there story was silly Maggie D wasn't my favorite AW HW but this episode was well written. So many wonderful characters how i miss AW.

• Members

I'm also enjoying the vintage AW clips from and thank you all of you who have pointed them out. Some of them are just brilliant in their simplicity and others pack a lot of emotion. I watched during the mid '80s, which was filled with some great actors and characters but not a lot of story. Victoria Wyndham had very little to do but seeing her in the 70s/early 80s really makes me realize how good she really is. And seeing the late 80s allows me to see how good Carmen Duncan is. I didn't see Beverlee McKinsey's years (except through the magic of YouTube) but I can see why Duncan lasted as long as she did. 

• Members

Interesting I didn't realize that Ellen Dolan was the first Morgan Graves I must have missed those eps when it aired on SoapNet I found the character insufferable even though she was suppose to be an overly antagonistic DA towards first Felicia then to Cass, Stacey, and later Donna. 

• Members

Can a long time fa answer this. Its about Joey Perini

Okay so the role was originated by Paul Perri from April to May 1978

Then Ray Liotta took over and stayed til Nov 1981

However from Late Jan-early March 1981, Paul Perri was once again Joey. I assume Ray had other commitments. I just find it odd that Paul was asked to fill in

That makes me wonder, did Paul quit in 1978 or did AW fire him for Ray Liotta. If that was the case Im glad to see there seemed to be no hard feelings from either side since Paul came back in 1981

Edited by John

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

But she was also responsible for bringing the show back to the basics by reintroducing the Frames.  In December 1987, Jason Frame came to the show.  We heard Steve, Emma, Jim Matthews, Russ, Molly, Willis and other names all mentioned in a few days which was hint the Frame family was coming back as major players in the show

I often wondered that too but I don't recall seeing Paul as the original Joey.  Of course, I was pretty young back then but only after reading about this on Eddies page did I learn that Paul Perri the original Joey Perrini. They look very much alike and good recasting