Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was nearly 10 when this show aired and I remember it well! I don't know why...

The music played when Olive rails at John was used by Score Productions a lot in the late 1970s on here. There's a particularly trippy nightmare Olive had in 1978 where Brian was going to hang her (don't ask... I don't know what Harding Lemay was on that day)... it's also the music you hear when Janice and Rachel are struggling in the swimming pool in St. Croix.

It may have been over the top for Another World, but it was also quite effective.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for sharing!

I loved Gabe and Lorna. I hate how they were given such a crap ending. 

Did Robin Christopher and John Bolger wanna leave or did TPTB decide to write them off? 

I guess by killing Gabe, they were shifting Felicia's curse of losing loves of her life to Lorna. 

I hated Amanda around this time no matter who played her. She was a royal twat. I wish Rachel would've went upside her head and tell her to get out her business. And digging in her mom's purse without permission?! That would get you slapped in my neck of the woods. 

My hatred for Joe was further solidified in this clip. I wanted Chris to kick him in the balls when all he was asking for was a quote for the paper. As usual, Joe had to react aggressively and nasty. I never understood why TPTB kept him around. Joseph Barbara must've been loved behind the scenes. Joe has to be the first of a string of cop characters on soaps I loathed. I feel like he was prototype, which would be used for all male cop characters to come. Jack on ATWT. Frank/Mallet/Gus on GL. Bo and McBain on OLTL. Paul on Y&R. Bo/Roman/Abe on DAYS. You could even see shades of it dating before Joe in the form of Cruz on SB at times. Brutes who would abuse their power and lord their righteousness (and morality) over everyone when they weren't upstanding all the time; however, they'd be praised and propped by everyone. It was annoying. It's somewhat of a commentary on the current crisis here in the USA. JFP started a trend....

I do wish that Felicia falling through the skylight would be post. I would love to see that again.