Ta Mystika Tis Edem [The Secrets of Eden]

Sylph

• Members

One of the TV magazines had an article about the show and some backstage info... it sounds interesting, I can type it up for you guys if you want. Hell, I'll even start a thread! :lol: Actually, I have no problem considering it a soap since 90% of Greek shows are designed with a beginning and end and last one season... and something tells me he might be doing two or three seasons if the show goes really well....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is the 4th Kiritsis/Akrita soap Alexandros Stavrou has appeared in... he is a wonderful actor and it seems the writing duo loves him the same! :lol:

I have this week's TV magazine with Eva as the cover and a story on the season finale and a few tidbits about next season... Sounds very interesting.

• Members

I would guess they both have equal input... but things like that here are hard to know not like in the States were we know what everyone does and says :lol: What I know for sure is that they are both billed as the headwriters of TMTE and Akrita once said that, in Vera sto Dexi, she was in charge of developing the more emotional/love stuff and Kiritsis the more adventure/mystery stuff... But you need absolute and total cooperation to do that.

• Members

Some Potpourri MTE thoughts from someone who watched for the very first time:

I hated the gay guy who played the best man at the wedding. Horrible (over)acting and bad immitation of Jack McFarland.

That Nora girl was a Reggina clone.

Very interesting: Manos, Eva and Stefanos.

Shouldn't Marilia be played by a younger actress?

Great opening sequence and production values, I wasn't impressed with the last scene.

• Members

Do you remember what his name was? I'm trying to figure out if it was Lucas, or someone else, because the actor who plays Lucas always screams "gay" to me :lol: So I was hoping that somewhere down the line they'd forget about him and Nora and just make him gay :lol:

That's what I often think as well. But, a good clone at that :lol:

• Members

Believe me, MTE doesn't need me at all, the ratings are HUGE. :)

I hated the Lucas actor, he was really annoying. I mean really.

I HAVE NO IDEA IF YRBB HAS WATCHED THE EPISODE, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PUT SPOILER TAGS IN THE NEW FORUM, SO ATTENTION: THE REST OF THE POST MIGHT BE SPOILERISH :)

There was a scene where a wedding is about to take place. The groom is waiting for the bride, the guests are all there and Lucas receives a message on his phone. It's the bride and she tells him that she won't show up. He tells everyboody to leave and he had a line like "Feggaropetra company, we have a meeting at "Maria"'s place. It sounded so stupid, as though they were kids trying to solve a mystery! Then they all meet and they share a big hug like a group of schoolgirls.. I hated that too :lol: The last scene was supposed to be very powerful, but didn't work for me as much as I wanted to. Overall it was a good episode and I admit that I am rather curious about some cliffhangers :lol: What I watched was ten times better than any other dramatic series of this season, it is obvious TPTB are really interested in the characters and the story, but I guess it was not my cup of tea. I am very proud of our Greek soap though :)

• Members

:lol: I guess you have to get used to him. Daphne, Nicholas and Daphne took some time, I think they were rather green, or at least new to the daytime landscape. But, if you watch a little bit of them you get used to them! Did they make any references to Lucas being gay though? Because I'm thinking it may just have been the actor!!!

Haven't seen it!

Thanks for the spoiler warning!

I skimmed through your post... I think the cliffhangers and stuff might have had more appeal if there was more of an emotional investment to the characters... like when Stratos saw Aggelo in New York, if you hadn't watched the whole season of stuff in regards to that, you'd be like "WTF? So what?" :lol:

• Members

Elsa is way too critical of TMTE. I thought something on Vera, specifically - the ending, sucked so she was hugely disappointed in Elena, but if it's just because it only had 3 seasons and not 35... If Elsa watched Carlivati's OLTL, surely this is tons better!

• Members

I know that I am way too critical :)

Perhaps I am a selfish soap freak, who got mad at Vera because the storylines didn't go the way I wanted. At one point during season three I was really addicted :P

The Lucas actor was horrible though. I don't think that the idea was to remind me of SATC's Anthony.

PS: I thought RC's OLTL was great! Then Gary Tomlin showed up, after that RC returned and the show was fine again, I kept watching through the akward summer of Mendora and 1968, thought that Todd and Marty were rather hot, but I realised that I cannot watch Starr Manning every day for the rest of my life and now I watch 5-10 minutes per week..

Archived