Skins: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yay another fan!!! LOL

I LOVE season 3!! Why? It's all because of Emily/Naomi. I just finished watching the latest ep and for the past 30 min I've been watching E/N fan vids on youtube. I'm a little obssessed with them. LOL

Sesaon 1 and 2 were great too but I was never invested in any couple like the way I am with Emily/Naomi. I can't gush enough about them. The looks they give each other - the longing, the sadness, the passion, the intensity. And there's tons of emotional scenes and great dialogue between them. Individually, they're great, but together, they are just phenomenal. I love their love story. :)

As for the guys in season 3, JJ and Thomas are the best. The female teacher and the male principal are pretty funny too. Cook is my least favorite. Pandora is still hilarious (her episode is pretty awesome). Season 3 is also funnier.

Who were your favorites from season 1 and 2?

• Administrator

Yes!! Season 3 is a brand new cast, except for Effy who's in a little bit of Season 1 and 2 (she's Tony's sister) and Pandora is in one episode (I think) in season 2 (cause she's Effy's friend).

• Members

I haven't watched any of season three AT ALL yet lol I really do need to check it out. Any word on if BBC America is gonna show it? Not that I watched the first two seasons there anyway...I watched them online because BBCAm edited too much good stuff out.

I've heard a few things about Emily and Naomi. Emily is one of the twin girls, correct? I didn't know that they were gonna have more gay characters for these two series. Interesting.

My favorites for the first generation were Michelle, Maxxie, and Jal. I liked Tony when he was a jerk in the first series, but he was way too depressing. I also liked Cassie, and I really liked her with Sid. I didn't like Sid with Michelle. Chris was almost non-existent sometimes because his story was with a teacher (who I floved because she was so hilarious). My favorite episodes were "Maxxie and Anwar" and "Michelle," mainly because of the stuff surrounding Tony giving Maxxie a blow job while Michelle is in the room. The chick who played Michelle (her name escapes right now) was just awesome during that whole thing.

I also liked "Maxxie and Tony," for the stuff dealing with Maxxie's home life, and I floved the scene where the chavs chase him down in the woods, but then it turns out that one of them was gay too and wanted a taste. Good stuff!

• Administrator

Yup, Emily is one of the twins and definitely the more interesting one. She's also the one with the unique, yet awesome, haircut (diagonal bangs LOL).

My favorites were Anwar, Sid, Chris and Cassie. Of course I liked Michelle, Jal and Maxxie too, but they're in the 2nd tier for me. Tony's was my least favorite. Tony giving Maxxie the BJ while Michelle was in the room was hilarious. April Pearson plays Michelle.

The most hilarious scene was when Anwar went blonde because of that psycho Sketch (who I thought was pretty funny too) and he didn't realize it until Maxxie showed him in the mirror - when they turned and looked at each other, I was ROTFLMAO!! :lol:

Another favorite scene was after Maxxie and Sketch go off script during the last scene of the play.......the crowd is silent.....then Chris stands up and says, "Now that's an ending." LOL

I also loved the coffin scene - from stealing it, to the car chase, to the returning of the coffin. :lol:

• Administrator

"By developing Emily and Naomi's relationship slowly and carefully, and in the context of the girls' individual struggles, the writers made the audience root for it, and that made the payoff sweeter. Throw in strong acting by Prescott and Loveless, and it makes sense that "Naomily" would be one of the more popular pairings on the show this season.

But Emily and Naomi's relationship is a good example of a well-plotted, well-executed, and well-acted storyline coming to a satisfying conclusion — something that's all too rare on TV these days, especially in the U.S. And more of that on TV is something viewers of all sexual orientations can get behind." - Sarah Warn, Editor in Chief of AfterEllen.com (note: article contains spoilers for the entire season)

Some of my favorite "Naomily" videos. The editing in the first three vids are really good!

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525">

">

">

">

">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkIItQ0tGDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEj5d__HTY

I can't stop watching these. Help me. LOL

• 1 year later...
  • Members

So I finally caught up with Season 4. That ending was awful--I understand the backlash, even if they do follow it up with a movie as some have said... I enjoyed a lot about this year, but the non ending (and the whole psycho shrink plot anyway) left such a bad taste in my mouth... (My friend I watch with was even more pissed off--we usually hang out and have drinks when watching it and he was fairly inebriated and didn't even believe me that that was, in fact, the actual ending...)

Archived